• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring in the air

I really like that last shot Steve. You've had a busy night with all the posts. I must say I have developed a deeper appreciation for images that are not over saturated and over sharpened. These are all excellent examples of that.

I think point and shoots have trained us to see deeply saturated photos as the only thing that looks "good", i.e. more color. Since I have switched to RAW I think the more "natural" look is what appeals to me.

Did I notice a few spots on your sensor in the middle photo? I cleaned mine last week and have already noticed one or two spots on mine again. The curse of digital!

Thanks DBL. There are two blotches, one in the upper right and one in the lower center, that I didn't notice when I was ripping through those image last night. More than 400 images on the day. That's a lot of processing! Thanks for the catch.

Steve..the shot of the hornet making a "3 point" landing" is my favorite!...all nice of course!........here's one I took yesterday....somewhat "off the wall" I suppose (who goes around taking pictires of a burned swamp? shocked.gif...guess I do grin.gif...I like the emerging greens of the grass against the blackened scorched earth...thank the local "juvunile arsons" for the photo this day!....Dnr was out last week in full battle gear putting out this fire..... grin.gifjonny

burnedswamp-1.jpg

I really like the fire pic Jonny....great DOF and also like the low angle perspective. Fire is a good thing in most cases. It is really fun to see what comes up after the fire. Probably some marsh marigolds out there.

some emerging ferns......like the "fiddle" look to these guys.......they say you can eat em at this stage...well...........I took one....chomped on it.......I don't think so shocked.gif.......Ill take lettuce thank you....lol grin.gif:jonny

DSCF0606-1.jpg

this is the species I tasted(not good).lol!

DSCF0602-1.jpg