• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Honda Rincon

hill7410

I am looking to purchase another Honda ATV and i am interested in getting the Rincon, if you have this ATV or have ridden it i would love your thoughts on it, Do you like the liquid cooled or have any problems with that or the GPS.

my brother has that atv he one up'd me[i have a rubicon]He has never had any proplems with it the only thing is it is a little hard to start in the winter but mine is to so what ever.I think he has a round 2,500 miles on it with not even a burp.plush ride too have fun man that is one good atv.you can't go wrong with honda

I purchased a O5 rincon in the fall...got just under 100 hours on it and so far so good. Yes its a little tuff to start in the winter but it does have a primer for them 30 below days. Put on a set of ITP mudders and nothing will stop you. My 05 is a 650...the new 06 is a 700 and fuel injected...friend has it and it rips.

Thanks for the input guys, if i could change one thing it would trade racks with the rubicon, but the main thing it is a honda, my dad bought a 300 4x4 new in '98 and only had to replace the batter, just a beast when they come to durability and reliabilty, dont have to worry about the chains falling off, I was talking to some other people and am debating if i should get the GPS or not, what do you guys think?? Also do you have any good suggestions on where i could buy a 2 place aluminum trailer, or if you know of anybody that might have one for sale?? The steel trailers just rust to fast.

Thanks.

I purchased a newmans Sled Bed 8'6" x 11' v front aluminum trailer with the diamand plated salt shields for drive on/ drive off capability, spare tire and wheel jack. I found that they were less expensive than other brands.

Quote:

Also do you have any good suggestions on where i could buy a 2 place aluminum trailer, or if you know of anybody that might have one for sale?? The steel trailers just rust to fast.

Thanks.

Yeah, that is what i was worried about, the gps not having much of functionality, i am just better using a RAM mount with my handheld, Somethingfishy, how much was that trailer that you bought, i am not really looking to spend more than a grand, did you shop around at other dealers too?

Thanks for the advice, this site sure helps out when making a big purchase, you are able to find out all the pro's and con's.

I have $1500 into the trailer with all the accesories after tax title liscense. Without the extras (salt shields, spare tire, wheel jack) it was just over $900+ taxes and liscense. Picked it up at the plant in Royalton.

Same trailer (different brand) at mimbach would have been $1899+ $400 for salt shields.

Hope that helps.

-Josh-

Spend $300 more and get a royal stainless trailer it will last your lifetime and your kids lifetime. People say there to heavy but with steel trailors falling apart and my 6 place aluminum snowmobile trailer cracking everytime I put six sleds on it. My stainless is bulletproof. Thats just one idiots opinion though.

Did anybody that bought a honda recently get really good service, i talked to somebody they said it was hard to get good service, also do you think if i am willing to buy a 8K machine, plow, winch, helmet, and atv cover, and even a trailer, they should be able to cut some kind of a deal, like i seen polaris giving the winch for 69 bucks. I hope if i spend 10K at a place they can give me something in return.

A little off track but I just purchased a Rincon. I wanted a windshield but the dealer said the ones he can get arn't very good. Does anybody have a windshield on their Rincon?? Opinions one it? Where did you get it. Cost??

Pistol Pete, see if they can get a Cobra windshield made by Sportech. (You can google search for "Cobra ATV windshield") We had a thread on windshields last year and quite a few liked the Cobra. About $100 for one.

I looked very strongly for a honda, and could not find a dealer within 200 miles that would work a deal.

The polaris $69 winch offer isn't as good as it seems. If you don't take the winch they give you $500 off of the machine. (thats what I did).

I purchased my rincon through the hithcing post in coon rapids...mine was a 05, got it in the fall so the factory gave $2200 off msrp...pretty tuff to get them to add more discounts or free stuff...I bought a single place trailer..winch..plow...bumpers...the whole 9 yards..they did through in tow straps. Anyway, what i liked is the service manager owns a rincon so that gave me the warm fuzzy. Had an accident brough it back to get repaired, they did a steller job..no complants as of yet. Also had real good luck with Larson's in Cambridge...but that was too far for me to drive with $2.98/gallon.