• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Are they gobblin?

I hunted by the Ft. Randall dam this weekend. Saw a ton of birds but there were not responsive at all. The jakes wanted to roll but I never heard a good tom gobble all weekend and they would not come off hens. Still a little early I think. I ended up getting a good one saturday afternoon with a shotgun and got real close with a bow on sunday but couldnt finish the deal. It was an incredible weekend to hunt in some awsome country.

DSCN0055.jpg[/image]

Anyone thinking about heading out to the hills for a little altitude hunt? I bet the weather around Custer has those Toms all stirred up.

If I get a chance in the next few weeks I am headed West for the smell of pine.

Just got back from doing a little hunting west river. All I have to say it was fantastic. Birds gobbling and lots of action. Weather was perfect for turkey hunting. Calm with cool mornings. Hunted pretty hard and did bag a nice tom with 10 inch beard and weighed 22 pounds. Man those Meriam birds are pretty. A lot more colors than the easterns we have around my neck of the woods. Gotta love South Dakota!!SB

Tyler, I have always had a problem getting a photo to come up on this site. I really need a lesson on putting photo's on here. Any suggestions please advise. I understand you have to put them on another HSOforum for loading onto this one and I know how to do that, but resizing the pics to get them on here is the problem. I do use an 8 mega pixel camera and have a hard time getting them toned down to fit the page. SB

Super Black,

I dont know what you use to host your photos, but I use photobucket. There is an option on there where you can edit your photos and resize on there, 50% etc, its super easy and it also has the code right there for you to grab, when your ready to post.

I use another program at home to resize my photos and I cant think of it right now, and my remote desktop is down right now no I cant check it.....but I will post it when I think of it.

Tyler, I'll email you the pic. Just look for my message if you have a junk mail. I'll be coming back out the first week of May, If you wanna go run one down. I've got a Corson County tag left and have some acreage to cover..SB

I'll keep trying to post here...Thanks for all the help you guy's..!!

S.B.,

Nice job, nice photo. Turkey hunting is my favorite. My 9 year old daughter had a great experience, but wasn't able to to finish the deal. It would have been a tough shot for an experienced hunter, so I guess we will just wait for next spring. It makes me ill thinking I have to wait that long. Time to fish.

Walleyedan