• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Howdy all. I'm headin to Yankton this weekend to do some jiggin below the dam. May pull cranks a little further downstream, if someone says it's a good idea.

Anybody hear how the fishing has been there?

I'm told Yankton is "the dead sea" right now. Somebody told me I'd need a NE license to fish downstream of the dam, all I have is a non-resident SD license and that doesn't work to fish there. confused.gif

So we're thinkin of heading west instead of south. How's the bite at Platte, Chamberlian, and Ft. Thompson right now?

The fishing at Ft. Thompson has been phenominal. Lots of boats though, that is why I opt to fish Pierre most of the time.

Last Saturday I guess there was over 100 boats there and they all caught fish. I work with a guy that did well shore fishing as well.

mw

Mike: Any word on the water temp at Fort Thompson? I am staying at Cedar Shores in about a week and love to night fish the riprap around town.

Did you put in down river from the Islands, or in Pierre?

I am still not sure I want to give up the short poles just yet. I think I have one more trip left in me if the ice holds out on Waubay till next Tues. Then I will have to tuck them all in a box for a nice long hot nap in the garage till next season. frown.gif

ISCAR.