• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

whats the best new sled?

knoppers

A few of my buddies have the new 4 strokes from yamaha and are just loving them,it looks like the way to go, Yamaha may not be as popolar as polaris or cat, but reliability and function years down the trail are always a plus when it comes to yamaha quality.

Actually if you're looking for a brand new sled, I don't think you can beat the new Crossfire 700. Its got a great, proven motor, awesome suspension, 1.25" x 136" track, EFI...everything you need. I paid nearly $9,000 for mine last spring as an early release with a 1 year warranty, and now you can pick them up all day long for under $7,000 with a 4 year warranty. The new 2007 model that would be closely comparable would likely fetch over $10K.

Depends on what your needs are. Groomed trails, powder, pulling a fish house, do you ever need to ride two up, how important to you is having the latest and greatest technology? Whatever you decide on, if its a carry over, prices and selection will not get much better than they are right now. Check out Northwoods in Aitkin. I live in the cities but would not buy a sled (they sell Doo's and Cats) from anyone else. Owner/sales/service/parts dept. totally first rate.

Trail - SkiDoo MXZ sdi (Speed, handling, mpg, low maintenance, easy on the back, looks pretty, jumps good, too bad it's not made in the us )

Deep Powder - Doo Cat and Polaris make good sleds, Depends on how you like to sit.

2-up - Any but Doo. The 2nd rider sits up too high and affects handling. I got tippy twice this year nad had to keep the speed down to 30mph tops in any turns.

The new Polaris line wins for low price + performance but we'll see how they hold up.

I would say that money has to be no object now days!!! I am a Cat Man all the way so I am going with the new M1000, we will see this year how it turns out, and hopefully things go well for it and there new line up and there WILL be one in my garage next spring!!! grin.gif

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING!!!