• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any interest in a forum ride?

Mark Gangl

As the title reads i was wondering if there is any interest to have a forum get together trail ride this spring? Any ideals of good riding areas? I am from nashwauk and have mostly only rode here.

I also am interested in a ride.

I have riden north of nashwauk at larsen lake and thisldew, and around olery lake. there is the trail from hill city to jacobsen, but mostly a old rail bed. moose river trails are also good.

the DNR has printable maps of trails to ride, and I am up for anything.

Theres lots of good riding to be had just to the east of Jacobson in the Savana state forest off the Headbaum road. There is an entire network of trails.. some short, some long. Most are still legal to ride as far as I know. I havent kept up with the legal tidbits for a while. Lots of old logging trails back there. Some short, some seemingly endless.. easy rides to rides that will test the ability of anyone.. and some are just impassable.

I might be up for a ride if it call fall into place with my schedule.

well if anyone of a new area who is certain they can go wants to be the guide let us know and let us know when. i like to go on rides like this but havent ever planned one. As the time gets closer and the snow starts melting it will be good riding soon.

I would be interested in getting out to ride, I am a new ATV owner (less than a week) and would like to gain some knowledge from more experienced riders, I still need to go out and purchase my winch, and also need a trailer, my little 4x8 isn't the greatest for the long haul.

somthingfishy, If your 4x8 is on one of those that track in a atv's tracks I wouldn't use it to hual your atv. The axle is to narrow to handle the wieght of a avt leaning in corners and swaying back and forth when going over bumps. I know a few people that have found that out the hard way.

If you want to ride in the ORV park in Gilbert, I own some property adjacent to it on the east side. Plenty of camping area available on the land. No electricity or running water, but the campgrounds in Gilbert has showers for $2.00. We also have a small lake on the property the kids swim in to wash off.