• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring Baseball, Images large

This is a little off topic, I guess it is "photo postings", but this is how I spent my past week. Something a little different to look at. These are a few of the roughly 1600 images taken so far, just a small sampling of a few different angles. One day and two more games for me and it is back to reality. frown.gif

59919527-L-1.jpg

59920182-L.jpg

60195643-L.jpg

59491935-M-1.jpg

59817457-L.jpg

59817500-L.jpg

Tom, I do this for the players, parents and for myself. Baseball is what got me back into photography as a hobby. After coaching for many years I needed something to occupy my time in the stands. Everybody keeps a score book, but no one takes photos. All the photos go onto a HSOforum and the players and parents have access to the roughly 80 shots a game that I post.

I sold all of my 35mm equipment a year ago, made the switch to digital and have not looked back. I still find myself watching the game to much and miss out on good shots. Of the roughly 1800 shots last week I have about 25-30 what I would call really good shots.

I learned more in one month of shooting digital than my 20 years of 35mm shooting. I have been looking at lens upgrades but can't swing the cost with kids in college, fishing and hunting, trips to Florida to watch your kid play baseball, you know what I mean. I will make due with my consumer grade glass and accept the invariable limitations that go with it.

I have always shot wildlife and landscape because I made my living as a free lance artist years ago. I have gotten somewhat away from that and am now enjoying sports photography. I still do a fair amount of wildlife, but as you know equipment limitations (glass) keep me from doing more than I do. Besides that I get to enjoy the great work you, Steve, Buzz, Hobby, jonny and others do.

I agree Steve on the cropping, but those images where raw from the camera with no post-processing except for the pitching shot. I usually do that later as time allows or if a shot will be printed.

PS cropped first image from original post.

Off topic? Who cares. These are some awesome action shots. Personally, portraiture gets a little old after awhile. Action or story telling photos hold my interest longer.I especially like the first one. What kind of post processing did you do for the pitching shot? It looks like ghosts are playing. Very cool.