• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey guys,

I am from Superior and will be meeting up with a buddy on friday who lives in Menomonie. He's a good guy but doesn't know much about locating a spot to fish. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction since I know nothing about this area and we will only be there for a few hours before he takes off the next day for Las Vegas, so time is important. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Long

Are you talking about a spot near Superior or down by Menomonie? If it is by Superior, check on the Duluth forum as well, some of those guys can get you hooked up.

Some lakes I am familar with-in a close drive from Superior are Nebagoman, Minnesung, Aminicon, and Upper St. Croix... Most of these will offer some good panfish action. But I will wait until I see if you want a spot near here or down state...

hi...i went to college there....not a lot of options for lakes in the real immediate area. When I was there (10 years ago) there was an archery/bait shop on hwy 25 just past the north end of campus. They might be able to help. There were always people fishing panfish off of Lake Menomin in a smaller bay. That would be on the eastern edge of the lake. There is also an earthen dam that has a pond below it by Spring Valley. People fished there often for panfish. Lake Menomin was always the dead sea when I was there...

I don't remember what the season times are in WI, but if walleye is still open fish the river below the dam. I usually fished just up from the bridge on Hwy. 29 and had some decent luck.

Hope that helps, although it might be a little outdated....

I would agree Lake George would be your best bet for ice fishing(crappies) - quite sure you pay an access fee. Butch's Bay on Menomin is good early and again late, not sure what's happening there now. Myself, I'd fish the Red Cedar for walleyes. As mentioned above, below the (Contact US Regarding This Word) is open year round for eyes and saugers. Believe its 15" min. for both and you can keep 5 of each.

Other option would be L. Altoona in Eau Claire or Dells Pond. Both have been real good most of the year - perch especially on Altoona, mostly crappies(some real pigs this year) on Dells. Its probably gonna be hit and miss though this time of the year - but might be worth a try with the warming spell.

Finally, walleye action is good right now on the rivers in Eau Claire. I have a recent post on this - if interested I can give you about 4 or 5 spots to try. Good luck, later.