• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stupid question......

Dan,

It stands for "Catching New Yorkers" as they are not fishing, but catching!

No, just kidding. It actually stands for Central New York, as they are living in the central NY region.

I, myself, am from Western NY (Rochester area), so I guuesI should call myself WNY BigJohnnyice!

Johnny is right on Central New York and the only reason I stick with it is because I used it from the get go, also because I couldn't think of what to come up for a call sign and a guy I met out at the Borios on Oneida walleye fishing one night went by CNY Scott so naturally I was CNY Tim. That's aways back.

I could have something as distiguished as Dark Cloud but didn't have the imagination for it. grin.gif

Dan if I was you I would stay away from the geographical inference or next thing you'll want to do is fish with CNY Brucy grin.gif

Yep CNY is another world within NY, especially when it comes to weather. I am a CNY myself, but never thought about using the logo. I am RTF which is my very first ever user name on the net when I got a PC back in 2000. It stood for Realtree Fan. Now it stands for Righ To Fish !

Dan-

I don't think that is a stupid question, I was going to ask it myself someday. I think it is kind of cool now with all these different guys named CNY ----. grin.gif

When's ice fishing season wrapping up for you guys? In Minnesota, we're getting close in parts of the state. I was fishing the Ultimate Panfish League on Turtle Lake which is a metro Twin Cities lake on Sunday and the county sheriff has posted a vehicle ban for the lake. mad.gif There is a good solid 14-16" of ice out there and I think its premature for the county to do something like that. Oh yeah, happens all the time around here. What about you guys? Do you get restrictions from the sheriff like that on your lakes or are we just lucky to live in a heavy regulated state. grin.gif

BTW- We took 2nd in the league! Yee Haw!

Chris I think will be ok for this weekend as far as ice is concerned you know how it goes though, shoreline goes first, but if it holds and the temps are cool at night, maybe safely another weekend. Still a good 14" of ice on Canadarago and it was awesome fishing with the warm temps. You know how it is you get a good bunch of old friends together having fun fishing, it must be heaven. We don't drive on the ice that much here and to be honest I have only seen this done a few times in my ice fishing life. I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to that no matter how thick the ice is. Way to go on finishing in 2nd Chris!

Quote:

you know how it goes though, shoreline goes first

You got that right! Some of us crazy Minnesotan's put 16' aluminum siding planks out to the ice when the shoreline gives way. blush.gif

Looks like our region is predicting 54 degrees for Saturday. We better get them planks ready. Last Saturday on Lake Zumbro we had 17" of ice.

March usually brings the ice back to a softer stage. I kind of beads up when you drill a hole. Slushy sno-cone type of ice. But that's when the big gills really go on a frenzy. Last year on March 25th we were still ice fishing. What's the lastest date you guys have been out on the ice fishing?