• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Grizzly Problems

CrappieAttitude

I have a 1998 Yamaha Grizzly and at my last oil change, the oil smelled like gas. I tore out my carberauter last night to give it a once over. Any other suggestions as to what I can do while this is out? Any help would be appreciated.

did you or have you trailered it since the last oil change?

If you did, and did not shut off the fuel that would be the culprit. All of that moving around and shaking causes a siphon effect, and the gas drains into crankcase.

Hope this helps.

abe

I have a 02 grizz, and I believe it says in the manual to shut off the gas when trailering. I shut it off every time, in the truck or on the trailer, with no problems.

i have an 03 grizzly that i just bought and i took er out last weekend and drove around trails for about 2 hrs off and on and the coolant light came on. why is it overheating so fast? u guys have any problem with that? coolants fine radiator is fine. dont know what else it could be.

Possibly a dirty radiator?Is your fan turning on and off properly?Can you see through the fins on the whole radiator,or is there some old dirt/mud buildup in there?You can run engine ice in your radiator instead of antifreeze,and it will help lower your running temp.One more thing, does it have the vented side panels on it?

yeah the radiator seems to be clean and its vented, but about the fan mine doesn't have a fan for some reason. i thought it was kinda weird. maybe i'll have to call up beeline yamaha where i bought it from and ask why mine doesn't have it. what is engine ice? never heard of that before. can you just get it at any ol hardware store? thanks for the info.

Engine Ice is a coolant that lowers your machines operating temp.You can find it at most atv dealers or at Dennis Kirk in Rush City,or online.I cannot believe your wheeler does not have a fan? That would be a reason for your overheating problem!Git-r-done before the summer season!