• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Have any of you with the great marcum's ever think about using them in the summer and also use the float instead of the arm? I'm picking everyone's brains before I pull the trigger. wink.gif

Big Johnny does Lee... He has the open water transducer kit and hooks the LX up on his boat after ice season and run's the unit yearr round. Lee just pull the trigger, you won't regreet it.

The float I don't like! I had one on a vex and hated it. The MarCum's collapsable swing arm allows you to put the docer where you want it very easily and collapses nicely for loading...

In the old days . . . I only read about this . . . you could put a coffee can or something like it (tuna can) filled with water on the floor of the stern of the boat (where the floor has direct contact with the water and no open space between) and put your transducer in the can and then shoot through the hull. I would think with the Marcum's extra power this would be a piece of cake.