• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2004 Outlander 400 has sticking shifter

Eyewitness

Anybody else out there with an Outlander that has had this problem? My XT Max shifts asa smooth as silk no matter what position the machine is sitting in. My standard XT has never shifted smoothly since new and the dealer has dismissed as no big deal. Sometimes I feel like I am forcing the shift lever and I'm worried something is either bent or misaligned in the linkage or tranny. If anyone has any clue what to look for or at I would be most appreciative. I am at my wits end on this and am getting no help from any of the local dealers mechanics. Thanks in advance!

Same problem for me.My machine has about 300 miles and it is not any better.Dealer told me the same thing bout it being no problem,it will go away.Burl.

I have a 2005 400 Max, have 1650 miles on it, do have that problem too, We do alot of road riding here, will be going to Idaho this July for a ATV Jamboree there. 6-days. I love this machine, always had Honda before, but never agian.

I just picked mine up a week ago. I only have 30 miles on it but I thought the same thing when initially shifting gears. But it seems much easier when ya kinda rock it a little and I really haven't noticed it much lately.