• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

'07 sleds

benelli_dude2002

Cats HSOforum has all the new models displayed now. The '07 Tour is April 3-4 at the Northland Inn, Brooklyn Park, MN.

I was sorry to see they did away with the 700 motor again. I suppose in the sense of fair play, they needed to move up to the 800 so the other brands could at least say they were beat by an engine at least as big as theirs. I know some of my riding friends had long faces when my F7 smoked their Ski Doo 800 triples. Especially after spending all the money they did to put in gofaster, cheater parts only to get beat by my little 700cc twin, box stock kitty! laugh.gif All in good fun folks.

Hanson,

You've probably gotten all this information by now but Yamaha has decided to get back into the snocross arena next year. I'm not sure who'll be their pro riders but maybe Yuji will be back. After Yamaha quit the factory sponsored snowcross racing, Yuji and a young man from my home town area were riding for an independant racer. They did fairly well but it was hard to compete with the factory boys. Yamaha is setting the pace with their four strokes for now. They've always had pretty good machines but just never could put it all together to dominate like Cat, Ski Doo, and Polaris have. They all have had their turns winning in bunches. So much of the snocross winning is the rider. Blair Morgan is a prime example. It doesn't matter what sled he's on, he just keeps winning. His contract is up right now and if the other brands were smart, they'd give him the money to take him away from Ski Doo and put him on their sleds. It's rumored that he'll re-sign with Doo but money talks so we'll have to wait and see. Cat screwed up big time letting him go and Doo hit a fat hog in the butt getting him and then coming out with the REV chassis. Their timing was excellent. That combination has sold a ton of Doos. Polaris has come on strong this year in the snocross with their 600 sleds along with one of their pro riders, Ross Martin. He's doing very well this year. Consequently, the Polaris 600 HO is the #one selling sled this year. Win on Sunday...sell on Monday!

The timing of Blair Morgan & Carl Kuster (Blair Morgan Racing) going to Ski-Doo when the Rev chassis was introduced has got to be one of the greatest success stories in modern day snowmobiling and racing. Ski-Doo's image was completely revamped IMO overnight.

And your right, I'm still jealous. I like Morgan on a Cat alot better! grin.gif

I'm still sad to see the young Tucker Hibbert bailing on snocross to follow his dream of racing MX.

I have to admit, the sled I own right now is a direct result of Cats domination in snocross in 2001-02.

One of my favorite photos. grin.gif

2002arcticcat17fj.jpg

Arctic Cat's new chassis is reminiscent of the Fast Industries Blade model back a few years ago. The shape of the hood leaves much to be desired. I thought the old Firecat design was a much more aggressive looking design. It seems as though the new chassis also carries some extra weight. The F6 standard model is listed at 498 lbs dry weight. Correct if I am wrong, but isn't that 30 more lbs than the listed dry weight of a 2006 F6??? The horsepower is listed as the same also, so it is not like the added more power to compensate for the weight. If Arctic Cat continues to stick with that hood design for their performance snowmobiles I will be switching brands no matter how revolutionary the chassis is. confused.gif

Well I got to take one out for a spin. Only put 5 miles on it and never got a chance to take it on the trails to see how it handled. I thought my dads Turbo Touring had a better holeshot but the Z1 had better top end. I had to try out the reverse and sure wish my Crossfire had that. I think if they put a turbo on the Z1 that would be a wicked sled. The dealer said he got about 18.5 mpg on a trip. I know guys with 600 SDI skidoos who get that. Not too keen on the looks though but will have to used to seeing them next winter I guess since I live only 2 blocks away from the dealer. Just my 2 cents. I guess you can say I wasnt all that impressed with it. BUt I guess someday thats all that we will be riding is 4 strokers.