• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone got GPS data for MN snowmobile trails?

sledzeppelin

I'm making a GPS map (uploadable to GPS units) of MN snowmobile trails and I'm looking for tracklogs of trails. I'm especially looking for the Arrowhead, but any data for the whole state is welcome. Once it's done I'll make it available for anyone who wants to use it. If you have any data to contribute, e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanks,

Ryan

Holy dump! I'd never heard of Data Deli before. I googled it and 5 minutes later I had all the state trails added to my map. Thanks a TON!

I've download water and road data from other government sites too, and I've got a very nice detailed map started. It's going to be so nice to have this on rides.

So now I have the major trails for the whole state, but I'm still after smaller local trails that aren't on the state trails map. Anyone have any tracklogs from their rides? I'm also interested in waypoints of snowmobile accessible restaurants, gas stations, etc.

If anyone wants a copy of this map, get in touch and I'll send what I have so far.

Zep, I would definitely be interested in the map. Can you email it to zachej1(at)hotmail(dot)com

I don't currently have any other data for you, but I will work on gasthering data whenever I get out riding.....if we ever get any (Contact US Regarding This Word) snow.....but I too am very intersted in this.

Also, you could check out the hardcoresledder(dot)com forum and look under the GPS forum. You may be able to find some others maps there....or find people who would have more.

I have a Garmin 60CS....I think it's about time I figure out how to use these maps on the GPS. Any suggestions or special software needed?

i would love to have a copy of what you currently have. I would be happy to relate any further info. back to you as I use it and discover more waypoints as you described.

I actually sent Navionics a suggestion for adding such data to their Northern Region lakemaps chip. I was contacted by an engineer and they seemed to think it was a great idea.

I never heard much else but your collection of data would seem to provide them with a great start. Maybe worth a couple bucks. Anyway thanks and good luck.

[email protected]