• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

gas mileage?

benelli_dude2002

anyone out there have 600 SDI Skidoo? I know a guy who says he gets 22-24 mile per gallon on his sled. Now I was riding with him last year and when we'd go to fill up he would take a little less gas than we would but i never heard of this kind of mileage before on a snowmobile. And I know he never got this kind of mileage last year and he is coming up for a ride in a couple weeks with the same sled. He told me on the phone what he is getting this awesome mileage on his 600 SDI and i thought he was full of it. A friend of mine claims got 220 miles on a tank of gas on his non-turbo 660 Arctic Cat and still had about 1/8 tank left. Does anyone else get awesome mileage like this on their 600 SDI skidoo? Just curious or was he just baffling me with you know what. Look forward to some responses.

the four strokes will get good millage. I have a 04 F6 firecat that will get 14 MPG while trail riding, but anything else, like ditch banging, off trail boondoking, or any deep new snow eats gas big time. I would think even though 4 sroke or not, its up to how you ride the sled. If I rode my F6 2 stroke slow and stayed on the hard packed trail, I probally could get 20 MPG, but what fun would that be?

Right now as far as 2-stroke mileage Skidoo 600 (and 800) SDI motors are probably on top of the heap. Great strides have been made in their efficiency. I've heard similar claims but never seen them for real either. I'm not saying its impossible but I'd say it would have to involve smooth trails constant moderate speed and not a real exhilerating ride. I have a 600 HO but not the SDI motor. The best I've ever gotten is just over 16 mpg. The worst I've gotten was about 13, usually average 14 to 15 on a normal ride. I've also been know to sometimes be a little heavy handed on the throttle, so mine could be a little low. My last sled I felt good if I got 12.....

I rode with 2 Ski Doo Revs last weekend, one was a 600 and the other was an 800. I was shocked when they filled up with fuel....they put in 8 gallons between both of them with 90 miles of riding. That's over 20mpg! I couldn't believe it. And the 800 rode hard and fast!! crazy.gif

I got 11mpg in my Firecat F5 and about 14mpg in the 440 my wife was riding.

Those Ski-Doos are an interesting ride too. Completely re-designed, comfortable, but not exactly my cup of tea.

Quote:

Those Ski-Doos are an interesting ride too. Completely re-designed, comfortable, but not exactly my cup of tea.

I agree, and I'm a Skidoo guy. I bought the last MXZ model they made. ( 03' not Rev)but it is the Renegade model.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I still like the old style better. The Revs do eat up the bumps good but its definitely a different way of riding. Not really sure I'm ready to make the switch just yet. It looks like that just might be the future for all the manufacturers so eventually I may not have a choice. For now I'm REAL happy with what I have.

Cool! 'Preciate all the replies fellow riders. I got to ride the newer style Rev last year, its actually the wife's uncle from Montana is who has this sled. I love the way it rode on the trails but like someone mentioned it is a different style of riding. Not much for wind protection though on the one I rode, we had to stop a couple times for him to defrost his visor and when I rode his sled I noticed my visor would fog up on me. I am sledless right now but living a block away from the Arctic Cat dealer, its too easy to go over there and he told I can take his Crossfire for a spin and thats the sled that I would be interested in getting. The last sled I had was a 98 MXZ 670 and after putting a new motor in it for the 3rd time I finally got rid of it. Has anyone ever rode the Crossfire? I think that would a great all around sled for running the lake up here. Do some trail riding but mostly run the lake. Like someone mentioned with the right conditions a sled will get good mileage but then its also fun to go play in the loose stuff. Thanks again!