• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yamaha Wolverine

Skeets

Anyone out there have any expierence with this machine?

1997 Yamaha Wolverine 350 4X4, it looks to be in good shape.

I might make an offer on this machine very soon...

Pros?

Cons?

Thanks for your replys! grin.gif

It's a 5 speed manual shift tranny with an automatic clutch.It is a very simple,and dependable machine.A friend of mine has had one for years with no trouble.They are a little more sport than they are utility,but can get alot done with them.They come with smallish tires,I think 23".But if you get bigger tires, the one range tranny will make the machine seem a little underpowered.

They are good machines, basically a Warrior engine. Warn makes a kit to disengage the front wheels, then they are really fun. Check the air filter/ air box on any unit, try to stay away from paper-type filters and modified airbox. That's just my opinion/experience.

Hi Skeets, I bought a Wolverine new in 2000 and it now has about 6000 miles on it. I did put 25 inch tires on it and it works well for me. I am a little short on power but I figure that if I had the power, I would just spin the tires anyway. I can't say enough good about the machine. I'm really plweased. I do a fair amount of trail riding and I use the machine for ice fishing.

The father-in-law bought a new one in '97. Believe me the thing is bullet proof. He is up at the cabin literally every weekend and uses it alot. Through summers of hauling bear bait to crossing streams standing on the seat, I know the thing has never let him down. I think he is on his second set of tires which is probably 6-7,000 miles. I would say if the one you are looking at is in good condition and reasonably priced, good investment.