• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Today's work

nice marten Steve!....rare to come across one of these guys for sure!.....I came across a fisher a few weeks back but wasn't fast enough to get a photo...jumped unto the trail about 25 feet in front of me...took one quick look at me and was off....being in the right spot at the right time...jonny grin.gif

Thanks guys. Bully, I don't drive past it daily. I live and work in town. Sunday I was on my way back from the Snowbank/Kekakabic Trail, where I'd gone to look for images of snowshoe hares (no hares found), and was cruising slowly and angering fellow drivers along the Fernberg when I saw Mr. Marten just off the road.

Had I been speeding along like everyone else, I'd have missed it. I pulled over and shot him from the car as well as on foot a couple minutes later. He mostly ignored me, but I have a mouse squeaker call I bring with me in the woods all the time, so I blew on that while my camera was up and focused on the animal and he turned right around for a look. That squeak call works great for that type of thing, and I won't leave home without it.

Well your a lucky guy regardless! One day we would like to relocate up there in the Ely area, I must admit those winters scare me a bit after being in Texas for the past 20 odd years! Those first couple of winters might be tough?

Enjoy it for those of us that cant be there right now!

Take care.

Quote:

Turn on the ignition, point the car north, and accelerate!
grin.gif

One of our favorite areas, no doubt! Seems like our Ojibway - Triangle - Kawishiwi canoe route always hold some wildlife surprise or another for us. We keep promising ourselves that we'll get up there in the winter some year.

Great pic!