• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It has been a while since I have had access to a computer and I have noticed that nobody had any reports for the East SD. Although I don't have much to report I will give it a shot.

Lake Thompson - Slow but picking up for perch and crappies. I have no report on walleye action.

Lake Whitewood - Sunny days seem to be key. I was out there last weekend for about 3 hours and cut 45 holes and graphed many fish but just could not convince them to take the bait.

Lake Poinsett - Early mornings are good for walleyes. Our size has been right up there too. The bite is normally over by 8:00 and we are headed out.

Lake Sinai- By the time I get to Sinai I think I have missed all the action. I have spent a couple nights out there walleye fishing and have yet to have a flag fly. The perch anglers have been doing okay though during the day in the mud basin.

Twin Lakes/81 ponds- I'm still markig alot of fish but making them bite is a different story. My bites have been getting few and far between. It won't be long until the perch make a showing theough so don't count this lake out yet.

Oakwood Lake- Few walleyes and a few perch. The walleyes are good size and the perch seem to vary quite a bit. I will definatly be checking out the lake this weekend.

I have been hearing of bites going on on both Dry Lakes (near Willow Lake and Florence) for perch and walleyes.

There also has been a good bite on a few of the perch sloughs scattered through out the area. I guess you just need to pick one that has produced in the past and give it a whirl.

I will be jumping around hit various lakes nad sloughs this weekend so if you see a Green Otter fish house with a black Dodge pickup nearby swing over and say hi! The bite is good but sporatic so you have to keep your patience.

Don't forget to take a kid fishing.

mw

Mike thanks for the report. I will be headed out somewhere again this weekend not sure where yet. I have been fishing Alvin alot and having very good luck with panfish, have even gotten into a few bass, although small the fight is a blast.

I may try thompson again this weekend, havent figured that lake out yet for ice, but thats all part of the fun right?

I will post my results. Be careful this weekend everyone, looks like some warmer temps again.

I am not sure what's going on around here. I have talked to a lot of hardcore ice fisherman who have been struggling this year.

Does anyone else feel like this winter is just a bit bizzare(sp)? This weather needs to make up it's mind.

It has definatly been a struggle for me. We have had to work extra hard for every fish we catch.

Things are looking up though I heard good reports from all the lakes mentioned above. My buddy and I went to a perch slough and tangled with some perch. Nothing big and no great numbers but we had alot of fun!

mw

well I guys, I did make it out this weekend, unfortanelty it was only to lake alvin, and wasnt able to stay as long as I wanted. I caught couple blue gills, but left early after my brother lost his cell phone down the hole....

Saw a few people catching a couple nice gills, and looked like a few bull heads too.

Hopefully next weekend I will ba able to hit some lakes further away from home.

Keep the reports coming guys!

Hey Mike,

I've got some leave to burn and looking to do some serious fishing. Good ice has been hard to come by over this way and good fishin' is even harder. Let me know when you have a free weekend, maybe in February sometime. I gotta get out of this area! Do you have any big trips planned in the near future?