• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question for Buzzsaw

Down to Earth

What do you have for a camera set up? I'm always impressed with the quality of your photos. As far as SLR's I'm still in the dark ages with my Nikon N2000. Most of my photos now are taken with just a Olympus Stylus 400 bought a couple years ago. Wonder if I should try and take the plunge this year and look into buying a digital SLR. You have any recommendations? Thanks.

Andy

Thanks DTE! I purchased the Nikon D50 back in December and have three different lenses to go with it ~ Nikon 18-55mm, Nikkon 70-210mm and Tamron 200-500mm. I also picked upa 1.4 teleconverter which when combined with the 500mm at wide open gets me out to 1,050mm's. I really like it so far and was recently turned onto good post processing software (Nikon Capture). It's definitely not Photoshop CS2... which I'm actually getting this evening, but it works very nicely. I was really looking at the Cannon EOS Rebel XT and the Nikon D70 as well... you can't go wrong with any of these mentioned choices. For me, the Nikon was far more comfortable in my hand then the Cannon...actually the only thing I really liked more on the Cannon was that it offered two more mega pixels.... it wouldn't matter so much for blowing up pictures as I can already do large 12 x 18's. If I want to or even larger, the benefit of more Mp's would be in the cropping and zooming in part of the post processing.... I just decided to get a lens that gets me out far enough. Like Hobbydog, Tom Wilson & STFcatfish ... it's an addiction and expect to want more more more when it comes to buying lenses. You will also want a good sturdy tripod, a good case to hold it safely in and cleaning supplies for the lenses and other parts of the camera. It will be an investment, but one I would bt you will be happy with for many years. To be honest, all those guys I mentioned know alot more about the DSLR world and I have made posts asking for thier opinions in the last few months... you could check them out as well. Let us know what you end up doing.

Hi Cheryll!! You are always welcome to join us as well.... Would you have interest in joining us at the MN river Valley Saturday morning around 8:30? I've been getting some great photo opportunities down there the last month and it would be nice to meet you.

grin.gifMike