• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Are Titan M/S/ 589 the same as ITP M/S 589???

umdr6

Does anyone know if the Titan M/S 589 are the same as ITP M/S 589? They look identical, but I cannot figure out if they are the saem. Also, would anyone recommend these, or not recommend these. Maily for snow riding (Ice Fishing) but also trails???

Any help!!!

Thanks,

~umdr6

So would you recommend the Titan's or ITP 589's???

I have been trying to research them both and see some differences, but I cannot make a decision! I think I noticed that the Titans were only 3ply?? Is that right??

~umdr6

The ITP's are a very popular tire and alot of dealers sell these along with ITP Mudlights.I have never seen the Titans on a wheeler,but have seen alot of ITP's.The ITP's wear like iron,and have no dimpling un the lugs,where the Titan's do.Both of these tires are a good tire,I just know little about the Titan's. As to whether they are a 3 ply or not.I would think they are a 6 but 'am not sure.

I had a set of 589 Titans on my Rincon. Heavy pigs that were about butt worthless in snow. They were heavy to steer all of the time and I just plain old didn't care for them (though they were decent in muddy situations). My stock radials were and are 100x the tire in snow. All the 589's would do is dig right through the snow and sink you in a hurry. If you are looking for a tire to use in snow I would probably lean toward a radial like the Maxxis Big Horn or an ITP ATR. Once my stock radials wear out (I only use them in the winter) I will probably get a set of ATR's. The radials just stay on top of the snow WAY better. They also get great traction (hard to believe by looking at them and their whimpy looking tread).

Not that it is real visible but my avatar is a pic of my Rincon back when it had the 589's.

If I remember right, the Titans were 6ply, had the dimples in the lugs and have a rim guard (rim guard is a great feature if you ride anywhere near rocks). The ITP's are 6ply, weigh less and have the same tread design/pattern.

Here are the two tires.....I have the ITP 589s and love them. Over 4000 miles and still have lots of tread.and only 1 flat in that time. They are rated very high in the magazines. The one on the left is the ITP... the other is the Titan.. I enlarged it so you can see the tread difference.

itp_589.gif589Titan.jpg

Hey, my brother used to work at ITP until just recently, so I know a few things about ITP. Instead of getting the 589's, I would recommend the Mud Lites. They are basically the same tire, but the Mud Lites have what could be called a Hollow Pattern, meaning the lugs are basically self-cleaning. They will work just as good in the snow and mud, but actually will do a little less damage on the trails and grass. I have a Honda 350, and got the next size taller for a little extra ground clearance. They are a great tire, and since I have gotten them, most of my neighbors have gone out to get them also because of the great way they work.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Quote:

Hey, my brother used to work at ITP until just recently, so I know a few things about ITP. Instead of getting the 589's, I would recommend the Mud Lites. They are basically the same tire, but the Mud Lites have what could be called a Hollow Pattern, meaning the lugs are basically self-cleaning. They will work just as good in the snow and mud, but actually will do a little less damage on the trails and grass. I have a Honda 350, and got the next size taller for a little extra ground clearance. They are a great tire, and since I have gotten them, most of my neighbors have gone out to get them also because of the great way they work.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I agree. But go with the Mudlite XT's. They're a little deeper lug and will do anything you want in the snow.