• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Today's eagle (pics included)

Steve Foss

Here is one from today. Went looking for snowy owls, because in poor light, shooting a white bird against a snow background is a good thing. Found no snowies at the Sax-Zim Bog area between Duluth and Virginia, but this was one of the 18 adult eagles I saw there throughout the day. Most were hanging around road-killed deer.

tightvert.jpg

Hey Buzz, I was about 40 yards away, with the 100-400 IS at max zoom. This is a crop, of course, which you can tell merely by the shape of the image. The crop represents probably only 40 percent of the total frame. Uh, anybody got a 600 mm prime they'll let go for cheap??? grin.gif

Very nice Steve!.....I was in the bog area last week also but only saw a couple hawks(too far and were flying)....I "frequent" the bog quite often ....picking various routes to get there from Hibbing.....sometimes down 73 crossing over on "16"or south townline road(#422) to hwy "5"

or to toivola cross country(arola road) to hwy #7 and a hundred little dirt roads in between...never know what a person will see down there but always see something to photograph......I've seen eagles on"stickney " road and "county 83" quite a few times and on the "sax" road itself....there's also"owl" road which I've seen a few also.....again ....nice photo...jonny grin.gif

took this in the Sax-Zim bog last year...on the "Stickney Road".......

DSCF0987.jpg