• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carolina Wren

Lake Trout

I am an avid birder and have never seen one of these in my woods before. I now have one hanging around my bird feeders since late November. Looking on the range maps, it previously was shown coming only as far north as central Iowa. Anyone else seen one? Hmmm, Carolina Wrens and Opossums in central Minnesota. Can anyone say "Global Warming?"

Theres 'Possum in Murphy Hanrehan park in Lakeville, I assume that to be normal?? I came across one this summer with my dog... it was dead, I think.... or maybe playing dead?? I even took the lil' rascals picture.

2005_0808_182509AA.JPG

I've seen oppossums for the last few years around my place in Minnetonka. My daughter owns a horse farm near New Germany and there have been more there all the time. They can carry a disease that affects horses so my #2 son, who works for her has been clearing the area. He said its amazing what a 12 ga. 3in. will do to one at five feet. I also saw one at Lac Que Parle this fall by the state camp ground.