• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gopher Men 2005-06

schweady

Well, it's off to a 2-2 start. The boys' legs sure looked tired tonight against the Terps. Seemed happy just to make the time line in the second half. Even Munson's tantrum couldn't fire them up. Heard a comment from an ESPN analyst: "Good thing Munson tossed the jacket... it didn't look all that great on him anyway." ouch. Big Ten can't get no respect. I'd like to think things will be different when everyone's back in uniform, but could we be looking at a losing nonconference season?? That'll burst yer bubble, for sure.

Monson has no one to blame but himself. Leaving Grier in a full 40 minutes against NDSU was asinine. Pure stupidity. We are down to 7 healthy players. Nice. And I don't see a lot to be fired up about either, it isnt like we have had a good recruiting class lately. It really bums me out, cuz I love the Gophers.

Well, how about yesterday's win over UNLV for a reminder of what we were missin'? Mr. Grier comes back after only 3 of his "4 to 6 weeks" rehab, leads all scorers with 19, and he's not even 100 percent yet. Once Hargrow is ready and Rico gets his head on straight, the Gophs are going to be very fun to watch.

It is starting to look better for the Gophs--I sure hope that they can stay respectable throughout the Big Ten season. I have been watching some games lately and it seems like the Big Ten may be better than most people had originally thought! I sure am glad that Grier will be back for the Big Ten--would hate to see this team wothout him! confused.gif

Close call against UAB, they were fortunate to squeak this one out the way they played in the 2nd half. Good to see Hargrow have a good game from the floor. Lucky thing UAB's big gun missed the bus! smirk.gif

Exciting game, indeed, with Hargrow coming back in a big way. We needed his 20 pts tonight. Grier has a steady 12 pt night with a few of his flashes of brilliance. Boone pours on the threes (altho it didn't seem exactly right without at least one ABU!! FOR..THREEEEE!!) Now can Rico get it together somehow? I love watching him on defense, but find myself praying nobody passes him the ball...

Condolences to my Frazee buddies who had tickets but couldn't see enduring the drive down and back in today's rotten weather.

Well, the Gophs take a respectable 9-2 nonconference record into Big Ten play next week and although they were obviously favored in the last half dozen games, I thought they've looked pretty good over all, at least defensively. Trouble is, they're in a conference that's not just 'pretty good'... there will probably be six or so Top 25 teams in there. But, if everyone can stay healthy I can see a very entertaining Big Ten season. Any other predictions?

Ouch. I sure hope that the Northwestern game is not how the whole Big Ten season plays out for the Gophers. 18 points in the first half?!? And we were just talking up that favorable schedule, playing the 3 bottom feeders 5 times this year, and only needing to win those 5 and play .500 ball against the others to make the NCAA tourney... Many more like this one and WE'RE the bottom feeders. At least I passed up an opportunity for tickets to today's game... would have been a long drive home.

Man, I used to be a Monson fan, but that team was not ready to play. Couple that with his stupid decision to play Grier the last few minutes against NDSU and Monson is not having a good season. Plus, can you say that you are excited about the future and all the players he has coming in? I certainly am not. Someone tell him that a bad record in NCAA Hoops does NOT get you a high draft choice...

Well, I told myself I wouldn't post here again until they got at least one conference win... Even after today, I'm still not sure what to expect. At least the Gophers got to pound it in inside a bit, something horribly lacking for some time. Abu-for-Three and Puchtel the Hahvahd Walk-On had their day in the spotlight. I'm worried that Grier has the nice moves and the dbl-dbls and all, but seems to still have that play-like-I-wanna-play attitude, like when they need to be running out some time and he chooses to crash into 2-3 defenders in the lane instead. Things can't be quite ducky between him and Monson.