• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

93 Jag 440

bgfish00

Is this a reasonable sled for pulling the otter around the lake...What is a Fair Price for a sled like this with 4300 miles on it? Besides the normal wear and tear, Anything extra I should check on with this sled....

Any experience would be appreciated...

It will be fine for towing your Otter.

It all depends on the condition of the machine the mileage is just one indicator.

How much?...does it have electric start? reverse? Cover?

Studs? How is the track? what does the tunnel look like?

What maintance and repairs have done...how many owners?

I'm going to just toss out a number here and could be way off base.

$800-$1000

The Jag is a great little sled. A couple reasons behind that price are the 440 fan motor and the miles without seeing or knowing the condition of the sled.

I bought my '91 EXT Special from a friend for $750 (yeah, I got a steal!). However, this make & model EXT rarely sells for over $1,100-1,200 on hsolist. Your '93 Jag is slightly newer but also had a significantly cheaper price tag on it than my EXT when new.

That engine/sled is indestructible IMO. Have had one in the family since '91. Owned a few Jags over the years from 1976 to 1990. And a '94 340 Puma.

Depending on condition and maintanance, I tend to agree with the $600-800 range. That's not a bargain by any means, but a fair retail price.

Just for a fair comparison, there is a very large sled auction that operates in Michigan and sells over 5000 sleds each year. A few weeks ago a 1993 AC Jag 440 deluxe sold for $750, and a 93 440 Prowler (which i believe was a 2up machine) went for $950, and a 1996 AC Puma 340 sold for $600. I've got a pair of '96 Indy Trial 500's and they are worth about $1000 each.

Truthfully, if your looking at an older sled it would be worth it to get something with a little more HP since it will only cost very little more. Then if you get in heavier/deep snow you wont be as likely to burn a belt. I would figure a '93 500cc sled to be had for @$800. A '94 AC EXT 580 sold for $850 at auction last month.