• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

DNR - Where's your MN pride?

Blaze

Ok, call me biased, ignorant, whatever you want - I've probably been called worse before anyway. smile.gif

I was just checking out the snowmobiling home page on the MN DNR site and came across the picture that's on the cover of this year's regs: it's a couple gals standing next to their SKI DOOs! What's up with that c r a p ?!?! MN is home to both Arctic Cat and Polaris, and they publish Ski Doo pictures on our regs? It's a great picture and all (if you're into banana peels!), but I would've thought the DNR would try to promote some "home-state pride", so to speak. I know someone will probably say "It's just a picture - chill out!", but it's indicative to me of a lack of respect and value for our local manufacturers coming from the DNR. Disappointing to me to say the least...

Growing up in TRF, I never would've owned any other sled than an Arctic Cat. Now that I've moved from TRF, I own a Polaris. Either way, I'd never own any other brand of sleds because I try to support our local MN economy and family/friends who still live up north. Am I out of line on this or not?

Waiting for snow,

Blaze

I saw the same thing and agree with you Blaze.

What it probably comes down to is money and greed (and new taxes AKA "fees"). Ski-Doo probably paid lots a green to get that on the cover. Not to mention, the picture probably wasn't even taken in MN!! The license #'s and stickers on the sled is from some other unknown state. confused.gif LOL And, have we had snow like that in the last ??? years? smirk.gif

I'm off my soap box, and yes, I feel better.

Nah...

I don't think your out of line, I think you are just showing a little pride!

Actually, I'm a little PO'd at Polaris for not calling Roseau "home" anymore. Last time I checked, the address was Polaris Industries, Medina, MN. (western suburb of the cities) As far as I'm concerned, they've already "sold out".

I hope & pray that Arctic Cat doesn't do the same thing some day. To me, Thief River Falls & Arctic Cat are almost interchangeable terms.

I'm a Crookston, MN native so I know what it means to grow up and live in NW MN. Snowmobile loyalties can definitely divide families. wink.gif

Just so there is no confusion... wink.gif

hansoncat2ol.jpg

Quote:

Should the DNR only use pics of Minnesota residents catching fish or only of boats and motors and rods and reels and lures produced in Minnesota on its fishing regs booklet?

Good question, Steve. Honestly, I think it would be a great gesture of "good will" to try and showcase major MN based companies in MN DNR publications. Those manufacturers employ many MN residents and add a lot to the economy of our great state. I'm proud to say Polaris, Arctic Cat, Lund, Alumacraft, Crestliner, etc. are all based in MN. It just makes sense to me, but obviously not to the DNR.

Blaze, if indeed this is who I think it is, you must be more than a little frustrated at not getting anything to shoot at a few weeks ago.... grin.gif Although I myself drive one of the infamous "mustard" machines, I do have to agree with you on this one. When we aren't even using an opportunity to promote our own state economy there's something wrong. Kind of like a fellow at my office who we hired from a competitor recently. He shows up to work on casual day wearing one of our competitors shirts "cause it was free" and it is a nice shirt. The VP made him take it off and wear one of our teeshirts because if by any chance a customer happened to walk through the office, in no way are we going to be promoting "the other guy", regardless what the circumstances.....He also got much grief at the morning meeting. grin.gif Sounds like a note to the DNR is in order and you are just the guy to send it......three weeks to ice! Yea baby! Bring it on!

You know it is the little things that count I think you should promote your own state if you are a state agency. Yes it just a picture but that's just it. How hard would it have been to grab a MN machine. People do see that and a little free advertising can't hurt.

Quote:

Blaze, if indeed this is who I think it is, you must be more than a little frustrated at not getting anything to shoot at a few weeks ago....
grin.gif

Yep, you got me, Bob! Just venting my anger.... wink.gif