• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone notice the wind this year?

Stratosman

Is it just me or is it that every time I could go hunting the wind has been blowing east, or southeast? I had set all my stands for a north to west to SW wind which has usually been the prevailing wind in the past. It has made me mad since the property I hunt isn't set up real well for an easterly wind, I had to finally hang a couple stands for that darn direction or else would have gotten to hunt about a third as much as usual. Seems it's finally gonna blow west for a few days (I hope).

i have noticed. not in my bow stand but everytime the wind blows from the south and it is cool out I can smell the drain vent stack on my roof when i am out on the deck. YUCK. Seems like almost everyday the last month or so.

I have noticed it as well. Seems like we can't just get some gentle breezes. Anyway, related to this. I went out to practice last night and it was very windy. I was hitting the 3d target dead on in the vitals from 15 and 20 yards out for about half an hour. I moved back to 25-30 yards and was having trouble - hitting just above the vitals or right under the belly and sometimes off to the side a little. Theory is that I was tired and not holding the bow as steady as when I first started or that the wind was pushing it a little at that distance. Can the wind affect the trajectory of an arrow like that? I am shooting a new Parker BuckHunter. It's not the fastest bow out there but its definitely not a slowpoke either. Anyway, ruined two arrows and muzzys by skinning the back of the target and sending them into a woodpile. I compensated after that and was hitting the target but not as consistently as I wanted. Going to try er again tomorrow and make sure I'm confident from that distance before hunting Thursday, Friday, and the weekend.

The wind has stunk this fall for the most part. For a while we'd get W or NW winds only on Wednesdays, which were evening I was tied up with the kids & church. I've hunted 22 times this year & shot three does. Each of those does it was the only time I hunted those spots. 2 of the 3 were N & NW winds. They don't move as well with those warmer winds in my experience.