• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

This morning or tonight?

mnz71hunt

Last night I debated what we be the better hunt? I chose to wait til tonight and hunt then - I hope I'm right. I got up this morning and everything was mostly calm, quiet and cool, then I started second guesssing myself - who know's we'll see what tonight brings.

Good luck to all - this weekend should show higher activity levels with things starting to pick up a bit.

Its easy to second guess this time of year. About the time I'm sitting in the duck blind, I'll see deer in the distance, or if I have a poor outing, I'll think "I should have went bowhunting". Or now next week pheasant hunting is open, should I pheasant hunt or bowhunt in the evening? Oh, a cold front is coming thru, ducks will be moving, duckhunt or bowhunt? A great time of year!!!!

no offense but I would have went out this morning, like you said calm, cool just a great morning to be the woods, today it's suppose to get up to 70 so the might not be moving until late tonight, especially with a full moon frown.gif

Here she is, Doe #2

http://photobucket.com/albums/b9/mkaleutley/th_deer2photo.jpg

I got to my stand about 4:00, didn't like the wind, so I pulled the stand and moved about 60 yards or sso, south of the main trails. This doe came in about 6:15 or so. I don't think she even rean 50 yards. You should have heard the noise she made.

Well they both sucked for me today----I'm going to shoot ducks tommorow morning........but back to the stand in the evening.

I have noticed considerably less deer movement in the last week on the properties I hunt.

jeff

tomorrow or the 16th I am going goose hunting at sunrise. I will be going for deer w/bow at sunset. Not really sunset but like at 400pm. I saw my 1st 3 deer out bow hunting last week. From now on I am hooked on bow hunting. be safe guys and gals

Talk about a great time of year!! Bow hunt, duck hunt, goose hunt, go fishing, go pheasant hunting, go bow hunting again!! We are all so fortunate to be able to have the resources that we do, and to utilize them the best we can. I love Minnesota this time of year. What tough decisions...what to hunt tonite!!