• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

No more monkey

jblabsnduck

I got the monkey off my back last night.

I went without a deer last year. Could have taken a couple does early on but they had little ones with them so I passed.

Went out last night, had the first deer come in at about 5:45. I couldn't range it very well. I missed her 2 times, one time low other time high.So she took off snorting and the whole 9 yards. I figured the hunt was over so I went to get my arrows and wouldn't you know it she was standing 15 feet from me just watching me. Then she realy took off.

Walking back to my stand there was another doe that busted me that was walking on the trail I am set up by. Needless to say that one takes off also. I figured maybe another one will come that way. 5 minutes later I was right.

This time the doe caught me moving for my bow and she goes back from the way she came. I could still see her a little. She wants by me bad so she cuts through some real thick brush but she had to come by me to get where she wanted to be. She comes out 10 yards in front of me and I give her the grunt to stop her, there went the arrow right through her. At first I thought I missed because she just stood there after she jumped in the air. I took a closer look and I seen the entrance hole so I knew I hit her good.(should never second guess myself but had to after two misses earlier)

She walked and I mean walked 30 yards and then fell over.

One down one to go.

Nice recovery, congrats on getting her. I got a deer once that I'd missed the first time & also got one last year after missing one earlier in the evening, also about 5 minutes. It makes for a really exciting hunt.