• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Smartcast, anyone seen these goofy things

Lunker

Question

Went fishing with a freind of mine who is known for getting caught by strange products. The latest, Smartcast, a castable fish finder that transmits an image to a watch. I would never pay the 80 bucks for one of these things, but my freind did. He used it, it works good but seems really unpractical. Anyone else seen these things? I guess Hummingbird makes them.

3 answers to this question

Great for shore fishing. They are supposed to be able to show fish and depth. They make a model that can mount onto your rod also. You need to have an extra rod to cast the transducer out to where you are fishing.

One of the owners at Joe's spent 15 minutes telling me how great these things are, and how surprised he was that this was the case. He said he got one at cost from his rep so he could demo it (thinking he coudl just prove to himslef it was not a good product and take it off the shelves) and it worked really well. I was pretty skeptical until then. I'm thinking about getting one for canoe trips.