• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Underwater Cameras

muskiejoe

Question

I know this topic has been covered extensively. I have researched/searched about all the types etc. Here is what I need a camera for. I will be using it mostly in the summer from my boat to search for crappie cribs, humps, transition areas, and trying to tell what type of fish is on a particular hump etc. I will also use it for ice fishing to find structure etc. I do not really care about lighting and night etc. I will just use my vexilar once I find where to fish. Any opinions on what type of camera and model? Is it true Aqua Vu might be better in the summer/boat viewing and day viewing than OVS? Thanks, Joe

4 answers to this question

I have tried both in the sunlight, and even with the shades, the screen is hard to see. AquaView is coming out with the new MAV, which is specifically designed for the boat & daytime viewing. I'm particular to the OVS systems, just because I think the quality is better.
As far as all that goes, the purpose you're going to use it for wouldn't justify the price for me. I would think you would be better off spending the $5 bills on a GOOD fishfinder for the boat, and stick to the vex on the ice. Just my opinion.

------------------
Takin it easy! & if it’s easy, I’ll take it twice!

If you're looking for an inexpensive camera and are at least somewhat handy, or at least looking for a project, you can build your own for about $100. If you're interested send me an email at [email protected] and I will forward the HSOforum info to you.