• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

STOLEN from me 2005 KingQuad

fishinrookie

stolen from me on September 2 at approx 2:20pm my 2005 KingQuad 700, green and also 2005 Triton 7' x 8' trailer with wood bed and ramp under- no licence on trailer- applied for through dealer, but has not sent to me yet-trailer was 8 days old.

I was at the Rainbow Foods in Roseville,MN off Larpenteur Ave. I was in store for 25 minutes. Bad guys pried off my lock and took off with my rig.

Atv insured, trailer was not. Does anyone know if the trailer could be covered under the trailer could be covered under Home Owners ins. or Auto ins.- I have full coverege on auto?

any info would be kept be greatly appreciated.

scott frown.gif

Rookie:

Good luck. I hate hearing stories like this. I think it will depend largely on your insurance company and their policy towards such incidents. I hope that someone can find the plicks that did this so that they can get their just treatment. What kind of lock did you have? Just wondering if it is the same as mine and if I should change. Keep us all posted so we can learn from this as well. confused.gif

Good news that you had insurance (at least on the ATV).

Good idea on the Rainbow cameras. I would LOVE to see these guys caught. Guy I met had his stolen and 3 mos later got a call from Sheriff at Tex/Mex border crossing. They had 6 Atvs on a trailer and were trying to get into Mexico to sell them. He ended up getting it back!

FR - hope you called your Agent ASAP. Coverage from your Homeowners Policy would be applicable if the trailer was stolen while it was at your residence, but not when away from it as in your case.

However, it is likely that you could/did have coverage under your auto policy within a 30 day window after you've purchased it, if you ask for it w/in that period. This is subject to each company's policy language, but is fairly standard. One caveat may (usually is) be that all your autos/trucks are insured by the same company. You'll likely will have had to carry comp coverage on one of your vehicles for this extention to apply.

You are now beyond that 30 day window. Hopefully, you had a conversation with your agent within that time frame. If you did, and your policy language allows for the above, you'll likely have a reasonable basis for requesting the coverage even post 30 day period, as you agent could have informed you of the option when you spoke w/in the required time frame.

I see this is an older post, hopefully it worked out?

I spoke with my agent the day it was stolen, and since i did not call to add on my truck ins., a rider for the trailer, I was not covered. My agent also told me , that if the trailer was unhooked in the parking lot; it would have been covered under the home owners ins. Does this even makes sense? Who unhooks their trailer while parking at a grocery store? I am sure there are lots of people who are dishonest with their insurance claims, but I have been with the same company for over 20 years. I am finally resolving the insurance issue this next week. I am not very happy with my agent and most likely will be shopping for a new company once this is over. I wonder if the insurance company's even know who their customer is? Once I put in my claim, I was then treated as if I stole my own machine. So much for small town charm. As I live in Coon Rapids,mn; but I have kept my coverage with the same company since High School in my home town. Yes, I am still mad about this and i think everyday how much nice day riding I have missed since happen. nothing happens fast with ins. companys. tongue.gif

You may ask the claims folks about your trailer and the ability to purchase the rider within 30 days of the date of your original purchase. Policies differ, but I really think you might have coverage.

I don't think your HO policy would cover the trailer off site, regardless of if it were hook up or not. But as always, I could be wrong. Get a copy of your auto policy and under the comprehensive coverage there should be a portion that mentions campers, trailer, etc. It should state there is coverage if you ask to insure it w/in 30 days of purchase.

Worth a check....