• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Synthetic Oil for 2 stroke

Justfishing

Question

13 answers to this question

I have used Amsoil in all of my 2-strokes for years with no problems what so ever. Excellent off season anti rust protection along with the cleanest burning and non loading at idle that you can buy. I am in the NW suburbs is you need some.

I have used Opti2 at 100:1 with premium gas in my auger, power saws, & weedeater for 15 years. Smoke is minimal or non existent and the engines all have more power & put out higher rpm!! The convenience of one blend of gas for all of your 2 cycle engines is unbeatable. You can buy it in pouches that mix 1 gallon of gasoline at a time, keeping your fuel fresh at all times!! The Opti2 has a fuel stabilizer in it, so your mix(if unused in due time) will remain usable longer.

I can't remember when I started using 100% synthetic oil in my outboard, snowmobile, auger motors and gear cases.(??10+years??) Here is an experiment for you !! Buy 1 quart of each 10/30 put them in the freezer for 24 hours. After 24 hours I know which one I would rather have in the crank case of my Durango after being parked beside my fishhouse three mile out on Mille Lacs lake in -00 degree! As far as oil in the gas? I like the idea of less smoke (less pollution/oil trail) and less or no ash deposits(less fouling of spark plugs)Buy the way, ash is an abrasive(less ware) and I mix 8oz of oil in 6 gallons of gas, NOT 16oz!! So this is the way I justify the difference in price, Cost effective YES in my opinion. But most of all, I really like the idea of LESS POLLUTION!!

I am not "Not" affiliated with any manufacturer or any enviromental movement. I Just like the idea of saving our natural resources!

Food for thought; What has taken millons of years to make, mankind will taken away in hundreds. What's the answer?

Just my opinion!

i've been using synthetic in my little 20 horse for about two years now and it has been a huge difference in performence. it runs/trolls smoother, starts way easier, and smokes significantly less. i've used it in my wheeler and in my sled, and would have to say it is well worth the money. the only place i don't like to use synthetic is in the truck......the good old el'natural is still the best there. IMO

I run amsoil in everything from the boat to my motorcycle. The truck has amsoil top to bottom. I've raced superbike for 8 years, and every winter when I tear down, I'm amazed. Not only does the bike run cooler, the cams look brand new after 8 years of HARD running.
Actually, Amsoil is cheaper than the Quicksilver, and the boat doesn't smoke near as much.

I know they carry it at the champion auto store and Fleet Farm here in Brooklyn Park.
If you need the name of a dealer, email me [email protected], or go to their HSOforum, and they have more info than you can digest. Call them, their customer service is top notch, and they will answer any ???s you have.
Another thing about it, if you have a failure due to their oil, they warranty it if the manufacturer won't.

------------------
Takin it easy! & if it’s easy, I’ll take it twice!

well in the sled and wheeler i always used the factory stuff. in the boat i used mercury synthetic for a while but have now switched to amzoil, just for the fact that i can pick some up at any napa and i don't have to search around or go to the boat shop to get merc oil.

hey bgfish00, my uncle runs synthetic in his 75 mariner and he loves it, actually the reason i switched was from all the praise he gave it, i've seen the difference first hand in big and little 2 strokes and i can't see why everyone wouldn't immediately switch to synthetic

[This message has been edited by joshb (edited 03-09-2004).]