• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gardens, Flowers, Wildflowers etc.

All my wildflower pics were taken with my 2 mpx Nikon coolpix or Olympus C-700 point and shoot. P&s cameras can take some great macro pics.

Some blazing star

bs.jpg

Blazing Star on the tallgrass prairie

bs_sky.jpg

bs_sunset.jpg

Some New England Aster mixed in with some goldenrod

aster.jpg

And some wild bergamot

wb.jpg

Buzz,

I absolutely love lillies and those pics are georgeous. They are positively the most beautiful flowers. I will be planting them in my yard next year as I plan on a garden in the spring.

SF,

Love the lady slipper pic.

hobby,

You're pics are showing up red x's tonight.

Thanks, Tom. Darn near titled that one "foreplay," but thought better of it.

I like the garden lilies also. We just planted a dozen different varieties in the new gardens we've cut out in our new place.

buzz: nice angle on that first orange tiger lily. Not the usual look at all.

Here are a few more.

Calla lily, Foss garden

callas.jpg

German bearded iris, Foss garden

germaniris.jpg

Pink cultivated variety of Canada anemone, naturalized along Echo Trail

anemone.jpg

Thanks Tom and Catfish, that orange oriental stargazer (Lily) is on the slope in my garden so it didn't take a whole lot of effort to think up the blue sky/Oak tree background. I like the contrast myself, it's one of my favorite pics (that I've taken).

I like that Fern pic Johnny! something cool about it. these are all great guys, keep them coming. I was out for a walk in Murphy Hanrehan park last night with the family... dog, two kids in a stroller and the wifey poo.... I of course had my camera and not much was happening... so I let down my guard and put the camera in the bottom of the stroller and minutes later I turned a rounding corner and an Osprey was perched right on a dead tree!!! I was like "STOP" to my dog, wife etc.... of course the bird looked right at us.... starred us down as we sat frozen, except my Golden Retriever... she was fidgity... I slowly went for my camera and I heard a whoosh and looked and it was flying the opposite direction!! I was like arghhhh, that opportunity does not come often. So now every time I go past that tree I will be cursed with the memory of what could have been. smirk.gif

Thanks Buzz!.... the beauty of a common fern can really be quite nice photographed I guess...lol!...most people just walk by thse little"scenes" not realizing the beauty right at ther feet!..that's why I love photographing nature...brings one closer to their surroundings!...I think your "stargazers" are fantastic!...I had a couple my self but they didn't grow this year for some reason..I do have a few "asiatic lillies' that I'll be posting in the future...jonny

Very nice work here guys--I don't have a whole lot of flower pics, but here's 2 that I thought were nice. One is of the Mom-in-laws garden, the other is a macro shot of a rose bud that I bought mama last year.

flora002copy5yb.jpg

dsc00059xs.jpg

Great pics Buzz!...nice garden you have in your yard!...I have so many flower pics I don't know where to start ooo.gif so I'm going to post a few "wild flowers " first...here's a few from early june until recent taken close to my house...

"dew berry" these things taste like raspberries on steroids!.... grin.gif

dewberrycopy.jpg

just a single wild rose...

wildrosecopy.jpg

a lone rudbeckia?..this was growing wild in the middle of "no where"....

blackeyedsusan.jpg

"bane berries"...took this pic a couple days ago...love the colors...

baneberrycopy.jpg

"rose hips"...

redrosehips.jpg

I have a pic of a red flowered (buds or whatever) shore-growing(apparently likes water) plant (bush) that I came across last weekend while after some critters with my camera...I'm at a loss to as what kind of plant this is ,I've looked into a few different flower manuals that I have ,but it's not in either one.....anyone out there that may know what it may be?....just interested grin.gif......jonny

redbush.jpg

I have to say that some of these are really great guys. I have been inspired. Here's a couple that I've taken recently, but they're nothing special. I have been playing around trying to work with different background possibilities. I am gonna try to get out and take some flower pics this week maybe.

dsc00062jk.jpg

dsc00081zu.jpg

dsc002114wk.jpg