• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I DID IT!!!!

kc0myy

I have been mad past few weeks. Because I could not get tight patterns with my bow. My friend Pete is really big into bow hunting. I told him at my patterns were too big for the kill zone on a deer. I let him shoot my bow. He said it shot just fine. He moved the nock point and the peep sight. and I was still too big for the kill zone on the deer. He said to watch my andchore point. so I did and still my patterns were still to big. I was about ready to give up on bow hunting. but I still shot then I got sweaty and took off my glass and I got the peep right up next to my eye and I was getting patterns in side a clay bird at 30 yards. so now I have to go with out glass for bow hunting or get contacts. my eyes are not bad enough were I need glass to see the deer and shoot safty. I am so glad now I can shoot deer and not be scard that I don't hit the deer in the kill zone. That the only thing abotu bow hunting its a lot more easy to hit the deer in a bad shot and not kill the deer and find it.

good luck shooting this year!!! wink.gif

That's gotta be encouraging! I wear contacts and would love to get that surgury if I could afford it. I never tried shooting with my glasses. I should try it and see if it affects my shot???

Muzz

I always wear my contacts for everything, so I never really thought about it. I hunted one season with glasses (prebow) when I first got them in my early 20's & hated when they fogged up on a cool morning & said that's enough of that.

Well just tonight I shot my bow for about a hour. I forgot to take off my glass. I brought my peep to nose bone (the hard put of bone right by your eye on your nose) and the vane to my lip I was getting patterns inside a clay bird. so I found a way to shot with my glass. now I am really pumped for bow hunting because before I thought I could not go because my bow was not dailed in.

good luck out there kc. just keep practicing and your group will tighten in time. remember to relax the bow hand grip! big factor for new shooters. I shot with glasses for 36 years. just had lasic 1/2 year ago so looking forward to hunting this year without them.