• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

CZ rifles

I stopped at a gun shop the other day and looked at a CZ rifle. The guy at the shop was really selling the gun and all the attributes of the entire CZ line. What I saw, it looked like a nice rifle and their handguns felt pretty balanced. Anyone here have any experience with these? I was thinking of a 243 for some coyotes and deer........He adjusted that trigger down so when I barely touched it, it "fired"....it felt short to me, but I'm 6'7" and all guns feel short to me.......

I dont have personal experience but their hogs back stocks are very pretty. They have very nice iron sights on the .22s also. Not cheap tho, at $279 for a .22. At 6'7" I bet you do have trouble finding well fitted rifles. I`m 5'9" and I feel most rifles are tiny. I can just imagine what another 10 inches would do.

I'm guessing you stopped by the gun shop in Hopkins. If so, you already got the info on how the hanguns are a bench mark for the European Law Enforecemnt. I've visited w/some people who are in the know and they concur that CZ is one of the finest made handguns in the world. I don't know that they're that popular w/the long guns but how can you beat a 3" shotgun, w/3 choke tubes and a good chunk of wood for $400??!! And I have to admit, the triggers w/the two options for trigger pull weight is nice. I think w/some marketing they could catch on and do well. As far as their quality, I don't think there is any question. Good luck and enjoy.

I have a CZ 527 Varmint in .223 with a Kevlar stock and it is an incredibly good rifle and the adjustable trigger is very nice. I havent used many other rifles so I dont know how it compares to other brands but I enjoy using it. I also use a CZ 75 9mm and a 97 .45 cal and they are possibly the finest handguns being made.

Got a buddy with a CZ in .223 for yotes - nice gun, especially with the 10 round(I think) clip. I've heard other positive comments about them as well. By the way picks, did you get up to Red Cedar yet?

we had the trip all planned out and then it fell through. My wife had to leave town for work suddenly and there was no where for my two kids to go.....we are trying for the fall right now but that is starting to fill up as well...thanks for the map and the idea's for locations, I have that at home in my map book.............

CZ or Ceska Zbrojovka. Is the largest small arms manufacture in the world. They were part of the East Block Nations. So there import to the USA was not possible until the fall of the USSR. They all use and are true Mauser (I think that is the right spelling) actions (like the pre-64 Win).

I have a CZ-527 Ameican (Minnie Mauser) in .22 Hornet, Sweeet and a CZ-452 ZKM .22 LR, Love that hogs back stock. It works well with or without a scope. Plus the looks just grow on you.

Make sure the bolt handle dosn't hit the scope.