• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What to use in my Whisker Biscut???

Hey guys,

I need some help. I was originally told that you are supposed to shoot vanes through your whisker biscut. Now today I went to my local archery shop and they told me i was supposed to be useing 3 inch flechings?!?!? I was told that the whisker will just eat up the flechings originally. Which one should i be using since i need to buy some new arrows very soon!!!! Korey

I have heard both. Look back a page or two and look at the Whisker Biscuit? in this fourm. It has the same debate about plastic vs. feather fletching when using the WB. In the end it all comes down to preference. Realize at the same time however you will be replaceing feathers sooner than vanes in most cases. I use feathers and they seem to be doing just fine for now.

I'll admit I'm not the most experienced shooter and I don't shoot in a league...but I love to shoot and have shot a lot in my backyard the last couple years...have used both vanes and feathers through my whisker biscuit. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer the feathers so far. Both need replacing eventually...but that's pretty evident. So I guess its kind of a personal preference thing.

I've shot both & both worked fine. I tend to prefer the vanes for the quietness in hunting. In my experience they do usually say to use shorter fletching with the whisker biskets.

I prefer feather fletching but that is just me. It is much more forgiving and quiet. However, vanes are much more durable. Its a pretty even trade off if you are shooting short distances. Get half a dozen of each and make your own conclusion, that is the best way to make your own informed decision. Good luck!

I certainly would be leery of the 3in fletching for any hunting situation. I use 4 in feathers with my WB and am thinking, "Why not go to 5 inch?". You gotta realize your feathers compress along your arrow shaft rather than pass through the bristles on the WB. From what I've heard, the old WB use feathers and this years models will work fine with feathers or vanes.