• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strike Masters

catchnmall

Question

I bought some strike masters for my tip-ups from Cabelas and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Anybody else having problems with these things. As of right now I'm going to return them and get something else.

2 answers to this question

The key to the strikemaster is the battery. They have to be fresh batteries (use only about 48 hours max). Also, the copper top batteries seem to work the best. Other than that I think these items work great - through fishouse walls and everything.

Fresh batterys are a good idea, and make sure to check the dip switches after you change batteries. I can't remember if it is on the receiver or the transmitters but when you change the battery it is really easy to bump one of the dip switches and change the frequency that they operate on so they do not match. Open them up and you'll see what I'm talking about. I love mine. I have four transmitters and one receiver and I'd say 90-95% of the time they work great. Not fool proof but a great tool in my book.