• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Magellan SporTrak PRO

Ya Hey Der

Question

I am thinking of upgrading from my Magellan 315 to the SporTrak PRO. Was wondering if anyone out there had any comments/experiences they would like to share on the SporTrak PRO. What are the pros-cons of this unit etc...
Thanks !!!
YHD

5 answers to this question

In my mind, there aren't much in way of cons with this unit. It'll be a big upgrade from your 315. I've still got a map 330 and I'm too cheap to upgrade to the sportrack pro, but you'll really be treating yourself by getting this unit- very nice.

------------------
Scoot

So I got dat goin’ for me… which is nice.

I have had a SporTrak Pro for a year now and I love it. I found out the hard way that it floats and is waterproof. Just tiny bit of moisture got in, just enough to fog the screen ever so slightly. It cleared out and works fine.
It is easy to use and the instructions are quite good.
I have found it to be very accurate. When going back to a spot on the lake that I have previously marked it always gets me within two (2) feet! I absolutely love it.
The only thing I didn't like about the purchase is that the company that handles the rebates for Magellan stinks. Had a hard time getting mine.

Here's another question. What kind of software do you current Sportrack owners use? Is the Lakemaster software compatible? Does Reel Bottom have a software package for this as well? If so, how can I get it?
Thanks again!
YHD

[This message has been edited by Ya Hey Der (edited 03-03-2004).]