• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A Clear Case of Chickicide

Jackpine Rob

The mother robin built her nest in the ornamental bush next the front of our porch. 6 eggs, 5 hatched, 3 chicks remained after 5 days, and the little ones were growing rapidly, as the adults brought worms and other tasty morsels to the little ones.

Arrived home yesterday and walked right into a crime scene. Feathers on the ground, the nest upside down, one small leg and a baby robin head remained in the grass. The male robin sat in the small maple tree about 30 feet away, just watching....

We had temporarily suspended work on the ornamental rock which we were replacing around that bush, so there was dirt and mud which held the tracks of the perpetrator - a cat. An APB and death warrant have been issued.

I bought some .22 Winchester Magnum Rifle bullets for my Ruger 10-22 last night. The guy at Cabelas sold me on some hollow points. By the way, the score is Jimbo 1 Coon 0. Them hollow points are pretty mean to anything that they hit. Coon was giving the Lil Mrs and the neighbor lady a hard time so it had to go. Let me know, I'm sure we could make a "good kitty" out of that cat! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Ya know!?!... There are fishing "tournaments". There are different hunting "tournaments". I've heard of grouse, goose, and misc. preditor shoots. I've participated in a game farm pheasant "tournament". And there are carp shoots. How about, The first annual FISHING MINNESOTA, BIRD WATCHERS, CAT SHOOT! Keep a running tally at this time each year the person with the most, Wins. I don't know... Maybe a knew Bird feeder? Or a .22 What'ya think? Sound fun? laugh.gif

Should this tournament ever actually get off the ground there will not be a safe cat anywhere in Hooterville! There is one that I have a bullet reserved for and that is the black and white one that keeps going into the Lil Mrs flower bed and making “deposits”. I found that a .22 WMR hollow point will do some damage to anything that it hits! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Quote:

How about, The first annual FISHING MINNESOTA, BIRD WATCHERS, CAT SHOOT! Keep a running tally at this time each year the person with the most, Wins. I don't know... Maybe a knew Bird feeder? Or a .22 What'ya think? Sound fun?
laugh.gif

Excelent idea. Even if theres no prize to be won. Still keep a mental tally and report back to us the forums. We'll just keep an "unofficial scoreboard" wink.gif

Will there be any special rules and regs to go along with this or, is dead cat a dead cat. Just wondering.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN cool.gif

Jackpine,

My mother-in-law came across a similar crime scene last October. She was walking through the garage to put a bag of trash in the can and came across this:

CrimeSceneCorpse.thumb.jpg

This shot was taken after the crime scene unit had already been there. After intense interrogation, I still insisted that the orange hat, orange vest, boots, and long shaped brown case in back of my truck were for...uh...walleye fishing on Lake Sakakawea. wink.gif