• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Caution Anyone

Sifty

I did'nt get to watch the race but listened to it on the radio. It sounds like the tires had one heck of a time sticking to the track. Alot of cars bouncing around out there.Crappie fishing and Nascar what a nice weekend.

Sifty

I think it was said best on TV when someone said the track has turned into a high speed Bristol. That's what the cars looked like at the end of the race. Sounded like you had to run a near perfect line or you'd end up spinning out or wrecking. There was some moronic driving out there though, not just between Junior and Vickers. 22 cautions is just rediculous. To me, it kinda takes away from the fun of the race. I mean, there was the point in the race where they would run one lap, or 5 laps, or 8 laps and there would be wrecks.

mnfishingguy: You are right as far as most race fans think.Alot of the race fans out there need to own a race car and then maybe some of those morons that think the crashes are cool,would have to pay for them. and then they could at the same time go to the hospital and visit thier loved ones.At Deer Creek Speedway last week there was a very bad modified accident where 10 cars were involved and 7 were destroyed and 5 drivers were rushed to the hospital.All but 1 has been released.How some people can think thats cool is totally beyond me.But i guess people like blood.I like the car as close to being in one piece as possible and my son not getting the ambulance ride even if it is part of the game.

Hear hear LeeHarvey!!! Totally agree 100%. I hate bent up race cars whether mine or someone elses. The time and money expended on torn up equipment is a horrible waste! As for injuries, as a driver you try not to even think about that, but its scary too. I've seen a couple guys cut out of cars and hauled away in the ambulance while I've sat in the car under a red flag and let me tell you, that is a sick feeling! Not very fun firing it back up and finishing the race right after that either...

LMS What a dump!!! The track is coming up and smashing cars. Why turn a track into a one groove or almost. Too many cautions, to many freakin commercials. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Race two laps, yellow flag. how tedious. Please dont grind any more tracks

I thought you would like the commercials. This way all the Jr fans can see him even more. I like when they don't show the leader and instead focus on the car in 20th place. confused.gif That is quality racing. At least we got to see in live time when Jr took out Mikey. tongue.gif

I remember very well a race in Owattonna MN where i got spun out going into turn 1 in the lead and had the rest of the field coming at me while i was sitting the wrong way. Everyone missed except for 1 and that was all it took. A short ride in a ambulance with a dislocated shoulder. Car went to the scrap yard. No fun.

I don't ever want to see anyone get hurt but I don't want to see 500 miles of boring racing either. Lets face it, thats what alot of people want to see is crashes. I'm sure they would fill different if it were their money or someone they knew.

You dont need crashes and the race does not have to be boring.If you watch how the teams change thier cars to handle ,and how the race develops the race should be good.Another place that is always good is the pit stops as many a race is won on pit road.You just have to watch the right action and all races are good ones,at least in my eyes.

LEE

I agree 100%. I love to watch the race off pit road. It's always interesting to see who can get a good stop and who gets caught up with a lugnut or something. And yes, at many tracks the winner off pit road near the end of a race can many times be the winner of the race. However, pit road can be very dangerous too. We've all seen what can happen there with pit crew guys getting run into and the like.