• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fished the backsets with Tuzzy yesterday in his 14' jon boat

and picked 4 keepers out of 7 eyes caught 3 16.5" and a 15" plus 2 nice 12" crappies for the fryer. We caught a dozen smallies, two largemouth bass and 1/2 dozen pickerel and perch.

Most fish were caught on 4" brown gitzit's 1/8oz. tube lead.

Wind was whipping pretty good so we pulled off the lake at noon, two keeper walleyes 17 and 17.5". Eight crappies 12" or better, 3 jack perch and a nice sunfish for the table. We release a couple of smallmouth and a largemouth and a couple short eyes, Tuzzy lost a nice northern. It was fun but a bit sunny.

Fished with Tuzzy on Saturday and the fishing was poor due to runoff from the last big rain storm... We caught 3 smallmouth bass and a northern and one nice crappie about 13". Not much going on for many fisherman either. We ran into a father with his two kids throwing worms with bobbers and they caught a nice 3 pd. smallmouth and a perch. It was nice being out there but did not enjoy the water skiers going back and forth within 40 yards of where we were fishing.

Tuzzy and I had a fun day on Delta today. We caught about 8 walleyes and only one keeper also a few perch but not much in size. As we were working our way back to A-OK we saw some bait fish being chased inside the weed pockets in 3' to 5.5' of water so I switched quick to a Rapala shallow shad rap and through a cast into the spot were a minnow was skittering across the top of the water, twitched the rap once and whamoo a nice 4lb. largemouth bass and then another bass about 3 pd.s and then a nice 4lb. smallmouth and then I gave a shad rap to Tuzzy and on his first cast wham a nice 3 lb'er and then a 4 lb. smallmouth and then it was a mix between northerns and bass for the next two hours it was like 1 out of every 2 casts were hooking up with fish and not just inside the weeds but the weed edges in 6.5', fish were every where and we just had a blast catching and releasing. Most of northerns and pickerel we caught were in the 24" to 26" range the longest northern I caught was about 34". From 11:30 to 1:30 p.m. it was fantastic fishing.

Ice fished Delta today with Franky Fish and Kyle caught a mess of small perch and just 3 keepers we cut the main lake side from 11' of water out to 46' and just never found the big boys. Did well catching on the gold angel eye and small orange chartreuse go devils. Caught a couple pin pike as well. Some i-d-i-o-t took his quad along the shoreline to test it to see if he could get out at the beach and broke up the ice right where we walked on but we were lucky and found a place to get off the ice to our left. Ice is good and solid black and as much as 8" in spots but a solid 7" everywhere we cut. Shorelines are not bad at all accept the black ice that reformed was only about 1.5" thick in spots but once your out on the main flow it's easy walking, dont forget the creepers.

Kyle came in to my office at 2:45 p.m. this afternoon and said let's go fishing tonight. I was pretty worried with all the rain we got so we went off the beach area and the only way we could get out to the 7+ inches of ice out there was to haul our stuff to the left towards the boatlaunch almost midway on the overlook point. After getting out there on the ice we fished from 10' to 15' of water and Frank, Kyle and I managed dink perch. And when the sun went down I fired up the coleman lantern for crappies and we never marked a fish and pulled off the lake about 6:30 p.m. Two guys were tip up fishing next to us and all they had to show for the day was two pin pike. I won't be going off the beach area again until we get some cold temps. We probably would have been better off going out the winter entrance but we didn't feel like hauling all the way out the point. Thinking Canadarago this Saturday.

Well the girl left town on Sunday so you know where I went...

I looked for somewhere to get into Delta, was able to get on off of the parks winter enterance. Was there about 2 hours fishing the backset from 12' - 18' of water, had a couple fish come up but nothing hit. Was using the orange forage minnow tipped with spikes. Water was very murkey back there from all the rain last week. Hey ya gotta go to know...

Tim- You're right, the vinyl might have worked better! lol.

Was wondering if anyone was on Delta today I'm thinking of going tommorrow. Wondering how thick the ice is and what the bite is like? Can we get out there with a wheeler now? I know u couldn't last sunday.

Pete

Hit Delta on Sunday . . . backsets. Water cloudy with very few fish marked. Was anywhere between 4 to 20 feet of water, lots of holes. Fish caught were mostly small with a couple of 8-9s . . .perch that is. Also hooked a couple of dink walleyes. They have stopped drawing water through the dam so things ought to settle out by this weekend . . .might improve the fishing. Access is great off beach and winter entrance.

I was out there sunday as well just out off of the beach. I could have filled a five gallon bucket full of 4" perch. Only got 2 with any size to them> My partner did the same and caught 2 Northerns on tip ups. We were in 15 - 20' of water. But they we biting like mad still had fun that's all that matters.

Pete

Did you wee the 2 bald eagles? They usually show up this time of year and perched about 60 yds from me begging for a hand out. I would have obliged too, but the perch were not cooperating at that time. You are right about the fun. This weekend would have been great if not for the thaw . . .more water flowing into the lake means they might pull again and so everything will be back to murky and slow to dink! Hopefully you will be able to get on the ice. Good luck

Managed to fish for about an hour and a half yesterday. 12 inches of solid black ice; about 3-4 inches of snow on top with drifts. Time to break out the snowmobile as the workout pulling the sled was a [PoorWordUsage]er. Fished 14 feet of water . . .lots of small perch, no keepers, but caught and was flipped off by several walleyes. Two landed were 13 inches which is double their size last time I was out. Could that mean bigger ones are coming in? Used a gold swedish pimple to get some flash as the water was still murky. Actually caught one of the walleye while thumping the pimple on the bottom . . .nice surprise.