• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey I was just on the bass forum and see you did well out there! Could I ask where you were fishing? Will trade smallie spots for walleye, muskie, and catfish spots. If you like bluegills, there are some dandies in there that few fish for.

Cooter,

I have a small club tourney out there this weekend, i will be glad to share them after my tournament smile.gif

I know the Elite 50 is coming ot Wissota, that is why our MN club decided to fish it. You do not even have to give me any other fish spots as i won't be back unless i fish another bass tourney. Have you ever fished Marsh-Miller?

Lived on the lake (actually the chippewa river on the north east side of the lake) for about 8 years and caught a lot of eyes out of Wissota. In my experience they tend to be on the smaller size, but every once in a while you'd hook into a decent one. Some of the best fishin for me during that 8 years was right off the dock in the spring.

Wissota is a great place to catch walleyes, but they do run on the small side. The good part is that there is a 14-18" slot so its quite easy to bring home a limit of 12-13" fish, which fillet up easily and are great for a meal. Bigger walleyes certainly are in the system, but I don't know anyone who can consistenly catch them. If you want some spots to try or what to use, I'd be glad to pass along what I know. If you like catfishing, its pretty impressive. Not numbers usually, but channels up to 20lbs and some good flatheads as well. Usually you can catch 2 to five fish from dark til say 11pm with two guys. Is gonna be time to hit the crappies once we get some warmer weather.

Helluva - If you want to try for some largemouth this weekend, try the first bay out from the Co K bridge on the Yellow R. Shallow and weedy, plus docks and timber/brush on the shorelines. Also try the back side of Pine Harbor island, the east side.

Quote:

Helluva - If you want to try for some largemouth this weekend, try the first bay out from the Co K bridge on the Yellow R. Shallow and weedy, plus docks and timber/brush on the shorelines. Also try the back side of Pine Harbor island, the east side.

Cooter, I don't think that bay has been producing very well for largemouth, but the muskies are in there. My buddy pulled two nice ones out of there in two days. One was right next to my dock. I don't even try from them. confused.gif

The northerns are in that bay and my neighbor caught a 21.5 pound cat off his dock two weeks ago.

Crappies seem to moved out of there.

Also, there is a Bass Tournament out there on July 16th. $50 a boat.

Good luck!

Sully