• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FISHING!

Well, or lack thereof. Just wondering if anyone out there is alive and fishing. Since the wedding and honeymoon I have been trying to get my life back to "normal" and this week should get that started. Have boat, rods, and gear ready, now just need to get out there. Did manage a nice 4lb 19" farm pond bass on Easter, but other than that my honeymoon is the only time I have been out....anyone else?

goody

I went to twin lakes on saturday morning 4-2 water temp was 47. The dnr has all the docks in and when I left they were puting out the no wake markers. Then at noon went to spring lake the water temp there was 52 and the water was the color of ice tea but when you are trying to teach a 5 year old girl how to cast it is always fun. To day 4-3 went to brushy all the docks are in and the water temp there to is 47 still a little cold and the color of iced tea. NO fish at any of the lakes worth talking about. If I here or find any thing else out I will let you know thanks...

Friday and Saturday of Easter weekend were good to us for DesMoines River Walleyes in the Rutland area on the west fork and north of Humboldt on the East fork. My uncle caught and released a 9.5, 5.0, 3.2 and I released 2 that were 3.5(you might say he outfished me) all fish were full of eggs and looking healthy. We picked up a few smallmouth and some northerns-biggest about 5lbs and one catfish. Jig/twister or fuzzy grub tipped with a minnow was the ticket. This weekend the melting snow up north caught up with us and the river just wasn't quite safe in our wading spots. So we fished some rock quarries and a farm pond and caught a few bass a nice crappie and several smaller crappies and blugills.

We hit alot of slow spots and had to keep moving up and down the rivers to find active walleyes. Here in DesMoines I haven't seen much of anything but a few carp but I'll take anything to pass the time. First open water fish was a walleye though so I'm happy, hopefully a glimpse of good things to come......

i'v e been fishing ponds and such mostly. i went to volga lake sun. they haven't put the docks in as of yet. saw no one catch anything. the ponds have been hot with the bite realy going just before dark.

any one fishing? i'm still hitting the ponds. the afternoon and evening bites still seems to be best.we have one small pond that the crappie bite has been great. problem is there is one guy that is on it every day ponding the crappies.( 20 -30 a night) the pond is only a acer in size so i would guess the big fish may be gone soon.bummer! i haven't heard any new reports on the cedar . i see they are going down, so i would think the walleye , northern bite should get going again . any one doing any good on them? del

GOt out to Easter with my dad on friday and managed some fish. White bass biting ok even though I was walleye fishing. Dad got a small cat and a couple of whites. Did manage one dink eye myself, plus a decent white, but that was it. Marked a lot of fish out in some predictable locations, but the shallower fish were the only ones feeding for me.

Hit Big Creek with my dad and Brenda yesterday......WINDY! That wind really messed up my spots, but I still fished for a while for a total of 0 fish. Gotta get that first skunk out of the way! COnditions were just poor for spawning eyes and there was barely any calm water on the lake to try and work over. Water temps were up and down and so was clarity. Still fun to get out, even if it was so rough!

goody

Got out for a brief period of time on a farm pond and managed one gill for my 30min of fishing.

Hit Rock Creek by shore on Sunday and got quite a few gills, mostly around 8". Also got a small drum, a green sunfish, and a few small bass. It was a beautiful day to be out and if anyone missed it you sure missed out!

goody

here in N.E. iowa the crappies where in the spawning stages , til this cold moved in.(at volga lake) the fish are in on the rocks; the females are full and the males are turning dark. mon. ,tues, the fishing was great.( i guess) wed evening was kind of slow. thurs morning , was slower. we started with paddle tails. when they didn't want those any more then i tried; tubes( three colors) twister tails,( two colors) a smaller paddle tail, and finally tried the wedgee and shrimpo plastics on a 1/80 jig fished below a float. that worked. the fish are on the small side, but did catch enough 10=11 " for some meals.( i had my uncle with me) as normal there were 12 to 15 people fishing the lake . ( it gets a lot of pressure! )

anybody got any reports here in iowa ????? how about the fishing on the smaller rivers for bass,northern , and walleyes! i've been confined to going to golf meets, and getting ready for the kids grad. sunday. NO FISHING!! crazy.gif

I wish del.....my last 12mile report was it. The stupid wind and rain and cold fronts always seem to kick up once I have some free time to fish. my plan for the weekend was to camp and fish, but the cool and wind saturday and rain today is going to put that off also. Stupid weather.

goody

Hit a farm pond around the Audubon area this past weekend and even though there were very windy conditions, we did pretty well. Plenty of bass in the 12"-14" range and I landed one nice one at 16 1/2". They were hitting the topwater lures right at the edge of the moss. Doesn't get much better than that! We also managed some decent hand-sized bluegill and some smaller crappie, mostly off of nightcrawlers.