• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BIG TEN IMPRESSING

Down to Earth

The Big Ten has done themselves proud. I was watching some coverage over the weekend and one of the ESPN guys said it mainly had to do with matchups, i.e., Wisconsin playing all low seeds and seemed to be taking some credit from what the Big Ten has done. If you aren't playing the big boys, you are playing the team that just beat them, so what is the difference? Besides, the lady of the house is a UW-Madison grad, I kind of have to root for the Badgers in the interest of domestic peace (unless they are playing the Gophers).

I think I would tell the ESPN guys they are full of dump. Wisconsin can't help those other teams can't take care of business. Kansas losing to a 14 seed and UConn losing to a #10. Good teams know how to win regardless of who they are playing. Those were probably all the same analysts that were saying that Notre Dame got screwed cause they didn't get invited to the Big Dance. Look what they did, lost in the first round of the NIT. So we had three in the Great 8, more than any other conference and nearly put 3 in the final four. Hopefully we'll have a Illinois-Michigan State final.

It's great that the Big Ten holds the best record in the dance with 2 in the final four. Makes all the guys that say how bad the big ten is every year eat their words. ACC is good, but get so sick of hearing all the talking heads kissing its butt all the time.

I agree Down to Earth.

TV networks are all about ratings......can you say money. They can't torque off all the mega metro areas and risk losing advertising so they spin it the best they can when the Dukes and UConns of the world don't make it.

And how sweet it is that the Frozen Four is all WCHA.