• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just wondering if anyone had some info on any north eastern SD lakes. Me and a couple of buddies are heading out that way the end of april. Staying at a cabin by enemy swim. I fished waubay last spring and did pretty well. The walleyes were pretty small, but lots. I also heard a group did pretty well on cottonwood last summer. I looked at the netting reports and Lyne lake looked pretty good. Anyone know where it is??

if i was u comming up to our are i would go to amsden lake. That would be your best bet for good fishing. I assume your not from around here so i would try out in front of the dam. if you dont want to go there i would go to bluedog becuase you can catch some big panfish there. Goodluck

Lynn is a fun little lake with a variety of species. Good walleyes with averages in the 15-19 inch range. Like most of the lakes out that way, there is a high amount of fresh water shrimp which can highly effect the fishing at any given time. Good information can be obtained from Paul and Karen at Lynnlakelodge.com. Their resort is about a mile from the lake and they have information about the bite as well as affordable lodging.

Good luck!

LOW

Trophychaser, I have fished many lakes in this part of the state and know a lot of people who live there. The last two lakes I would fish for walleyes are Amsden and Blue Dog. Amsden is ok for musky and really good for rock bass. Blue Dog is like the dead sea, but sometimes they get decent pike. Most of my fishing has been during the winter. I have had the same results as you on Waubay. I talked to a guy that stayed at Roy Lake this winter and they did really good on the walleyes. It is also good bass lake for SD. Good Luck

150 miles to the north. They are up by Webster, SD.

Best thing to do is buy a south dakota sportman's atlas. They sell them at most sporting goods stores. It helps finding all the lakes in south dakota easier.

Hey fang, a buddy and I went to the refuge on Saturday, we caught 1 eye and that was it, then we headed to Pickerel after that and didn't catch a thing we graphed a few but nothing was biting!!! The ice was a good 20" at the refuge and around 15"-20" at Pickerel, so hopefully it will be gone soon so I can head out in the boat!!!

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING!!!