• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

broken ski

frabillfisher

well the last time I had my snowmobile out (a 1975 ski-doo)i hit a bump goin a little to fast for such and old ski that had been welded once and now it's unweldable...wondering what I should do to get a new one if maybe a salvage place would have one i dont know have any ideas? confused.gif

Try a Google search for snowmobile used parts, you'll find lots of places/links. Terms on this forum say I can't provide unauthorized links, don't know first hand who is a sponsor to recommend, or I would do so.

I would check out hsolist.

Do a search for your particular make & model and you'll find pages of parts to page through.

Shipping costs on a ski shouldn't be too bad. I parted out my old 89 500 Classic and was able to ship the seat, track, and the engine all through UPS & the postal service.

Good luck to ya.

heres a couple you could try.

all power sports, 952-443-3887

hi ten sports, 763-427-3410

both are in MN

if they don't have a ski, they will point you in the right

direction if you ask.

Good luck

frabill-

Just add the dot com after denniskirk and that will get you there. My experience with Dennis Kirk for older machines is you will get a similar part but it will not fit perfectly. Some of the parts work with a little modification and some just don't work at all.

Another one to try would be Al's Snowmobile Parts Warehouse. They are an internet mail order company similar to Dennis Kirk. Do a google search for Al's Snowmobile and it comes up on top.

But like I've said, my go to place for old sled parts has been HSOList lately. It pretty much an online junkyard.

Just out of curiosity, why do you say it's unweldable? I only ask because I've welded like a million older ski-doo skis that people thought were unweldable. Drop me an e-mail at boilerguy_1 at yahoo dot com. Maybe I can do a fix it job for ya and save you some $$$.

I'm not much help here... but about 12 years ago I picked up some replacement skis for my 1975 Lynx from a joint just off Stinson and Broadway in NE minneapolis when I lived in New Brighton. It was a sheet metal fab and stamping shop I think. They had all kinds of them for older sleds, I just went in with the old rusted-thru ones and found some of the same size and then made some wear bars for them from rod stock. The new fab skis sans shocks and wear rods were $17 each. I am not sure of the name of the place tho. Doh! shocked.gif Hub Manufacturing? I think that company was associated with Scorpion sleds back in the day. I never get over that way anymore.