• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Belle Plaine CAT LEAGUE

The final meeting is this Friday at the Borough Bowl in Belle Plaine at 7:00. Hanson can't make it this year frown.gifbut Dtro has stepped up to take his spot. We have 10 firm committments and are waiting on a couple more. Anybody interested please shoot me a e-mail. Thanks.

Brian

Well , we ended up with 10 people for the league this year and the monkey is on all our backs as far as the flatties are concerned. The money will be added on to the rest of the year and final standings. Congrats to River Rat with 27" channel , tied for second is Smokey and GotCatFish with 24 inchers and Fireman in 4th with a 18". The rest of us had a few runs but ended up skunked out for the night. Really weird night with the river surging and rising up all night.

Farmer D finally comes through with the first Flat of the year, 24". At least the monkey is off his back! Yours truly Papa Grump won the Channel division with a 30" . I landed 5 others throughout the evening. I will post the standings later, and DETRO will post the pics when he comes back from Mexico.

Well, finally made it back.....can't wait to hit the river again. Here are the winning fish for week 2.

FarmerD with a 24" Flat

and

PapaGrump with a nice 30" channel

bpcl3.jpg

bpcl4.jpg

Night # 3 winners were Hooper with a 30" channel and River Rod with a 39" flat. Of course Dtro had the fish of the night with the monster 55 pounder caught after the league time closes. One fish of a lifetime! Anyway standings are after 3 nights: Channels, Papa Grump leading the way with 57". Hoops at 54", Farmer D at 29", River Rod at 28", River Rat 27", Smokey and GotCatFish tied with 24, Detro at 19", Dan is on the board at 16 and Fireman with 14".

Flatheads are with River Rod at 39", Dtro 29", Farmer D and Hoops both have 24.

Week 4 winners are Papa grump with a 20" channel and River Rod with a 27" flatty. Best way to describe the bite is light and lighter! Talked to several others out and about and they were catching some ,but nothing really agressive. Standings after the 4th night:Channels, Papa Grump leading the way with 77", Hoops at 54", Farmer D at 46", River Rod at 28", River Rat 27", Smokey and GotCatFish tied with 24, Detro at 19", Dan is on the board at 16 and Fireman with 14".

Flatheads are with River Rod at 67", Dtro 29", Farmer D and Hoops both have 24.

Well....

I broke down and went and bought a used outboard.... lets hope I got a good one! So, there shouldn't be any more issues with fishing nights in the upcoming future.... Hey, I even have a spare lower unit/prop/tilt&trim/etc.... lol... If the rain quits sometime I'm gonna have to go out and try it, even go scouting a little.... I haven't even had a chance to do that yet much this year.

MNRiverRat

We are looking for a boater for the last 2 nights of the league which is August 5th and the 19th. Anybody interested please reply back or call me at 612-743-1605. There is no fee! thanks.

Brian

Congrats to Smokey with a clean sweep.30" channel and a 33" Flat. And a big thank you. There is no way I would have gotten the River Pro off the sand bar without your help. Next time it gets that foggy, I'm staying put till the morning! Current standings with one week left:

Channels, Papa Grump leading the way with 77", Farmer D at 75", Hoops at 54", Smokey with 54, Dan with 42" and Fireman with 30",River Rod at 28", River Rat 27",Dtro at 19".

Flatheads are with River Rod at 94", Farmer D with 52",Smokey at 33", Dtro 29", Papa Grump 26", and Hoops at 24.