• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trail Conditions

guts

I've talked to many sledders, they say the trails are great. We are suposed to get a few inches of snow, making that another plus. Temps expected to be in the teens and 20's tops. Land trails good as are the lake trails here at Kabetogama/Voyageurs National Park. Most lodging establishments in the area have rooms. Come North and have a blast. guts

If our Cooke City trip falls thru in a couple weeks, we are looking at VNP for one last run. Had a great time up there a couple weeks ago and the trails were great for all the traffic, it's only going to get better with more snow.

Weather conditions are throwing us all kinds of curveballs this year crazy.gif

I rode the North Shore Trail from Two Harbors to Lutsen 2 weeks ago. Trails were great from Two Harbors to Finland....but had some moguls the last 50 miles to Lutsen. Snow conditions were great though a few weeks ago! I have had 2 great trips on the North shore in the past 1 1/2 months.

I have hears the Remer are trails were still good a week ago....not sure after the warm weekend though.

Well we got a little fresh snow and waitin on more. The park groomer operator I saw today said the slush factor is no longer. You can now travel off the trail into some of the scenic bays and not have a slush problem. One of the only years I remember that we have not had pressure ridge dangers. The trails were all groomed on ice and off and in good+ shape. PLEASE remember the speed limits, especially on any lake portages 25mph, they really enforce that and the fines are BIG. The best thing about sledding now is NO CROWDS! good luck guts

Excellent report, Guts! Yep, mind the speed limits and make sure you have snowmobile training if you are under the age of 27. Groomer was out last night (3/10) and did a GREAT job on land trails. Lakes are awesome! No slush as far as our 200 miles on them showed today! No crowds, great trails, great resorts and services! Hope to see you all soon in the Ash River/Kabetogama area!

Let it Snow!

Keep 'em in good shape for me, I will be there next weekend. Last year, on our last trip up there we put on 702 miles in 3 days. They were so nice you hate to stop! Man it sure racks up quick when they are like that. wink.gif

We were out today (Sunday 3/13) for a VNP excursion to show my NoDak bro-in-law what snowmobiling was all about. Trails still good after a weekend of moderate/heavy use - lakes are AWESOME! Local groomer goes out tonight and state grooms tomorrow and Thursday. Kab/Ash River resorts have vacancies...if you're looking for late-season snow...IT'S HERE! See you at Kab/Ash River!