• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What did your lab weigh at 6 months?

Ray Esboldt

My wife took our 6 month old lab in for her spay job this morning. They weighed her before the festivities began. My wife relayed the news, and I broke into a cold sweat. She doesn't even look very big, so the weight kind of shocked me.

So, before I fret that this dog is going to be of Godizalla proportions, I want to know what your lab weighed at 6 months. Make or female, let me know. I'm hoping that fears will be eased.

Male chocolate lab - probably 60# or slighly under. He now weighs around 80# at 13 months. If I recall correctly, around 6 months of age, his weight gained slowed.

Ray - What is the weight of your female lab?

Marmot

Ray, her sister weighs in at about 45 pounds. Very solid after 4 trips to the Dakotas. Sounds like the one in Alaska is a hair bigger. Keep an eye on the HSOforum for an upcoming litter. We drop Choards off Friday for her last breeding.

Bryce,

I take the littlest pup of the litter and end up with the biggest one. confused.gif She actually doesn't look that big. She's just a solid ball of muscle. By the way, I probably owe you and Melissa some pictures.

I can't say enough about this dogs natural ability. In our field training, she goes from puppy to big dog as soon as her nose picks up the scent of whatever I have hidden. She listens better than I ever thought she would at 6 months, and is an absolute sweetheart. Anyone that is looking for a pup should get in touch with Bryce right now. I'll never be sorry that I took one of Bryce's pups.

Thanks again, Bryce.

dont know what my male black lab weighed at 6 months, but he is now almost 5 years old and the most recent vet visit 3 months ago the vet said he is a poster dog for a black lab for porportions, mass, hips, ect,, weighed in at 74.5 lbs., said you cant get closer to perfect than he already is. I was shocked cause alot of people have told me he is way too skinny. i just always said that he has no fat, just muscle.. Ill try to post a pic soon of him if anyone wants to see.