• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Others vs RoadKing

Yamahopper

Question

I am looking to buy a fish house trailer. Opinions wanted on a 6 by 14 trailer. I am going to ues it year round, fish house in winter, atv/dirtbikes in the summer. One of the others i am looking at is sold by a supply place for fish houses.

6 answers to this question

Hi Yamahopper...

I'm in search of the same thing. A dual purpose, atv hauler/fish house. I have not done a whole lot of looking, however yesterday I was able to get a good long look at the RoadKing house at the Minnetonka ICE event...

I'm telling you, the RoadKing is built right!! The 3500lb frame and axles, fit and finish are GREAT!!, And with the addition of a drop gate rear would be EXACTLY what I'm looking for. To really get the feel for how well built these are, you do have to see them in person. I, for one, am impressed.

If I don't go with a specialized fifth-wheel toy hauler, I'll be pricing out a RoadKing...

Yamahopper-

For around the same price or even a little less as the brands you already are discussing give Emperor Fish Houses a shot. All tube constructed frames with the 3x3 tongue going the full length of the frame as well as a seven prong receiver hitch with an LED brake light package and auto-charge system built right in at no extra cost. For a minimal price you can upgrade your wheels, spindles and axels and have a frame rated for 6800 lbs.

Thanks for the input, I have got to agree seeing a product in person can have a big impact on your choice, so I will look a a few. That Atv/boat lift looks interesting. The Emperor sure looks to be top notch also. Going to have to get out and do some shoping soon. smirk.gif

The zachmeier houses are ok. But for the price they want you can find much nicer houses for comparable price. The advantage is that they are simple and light but there are not bells or whisles on these.

Yamahopper-

You are certainly welcome for the info. The LED brakelights and Auto Charge System are circuit protected also which I previously forgot to mention. They charge directly from your alternator, through a circuit panel mounted on the trailer and a seperate harness comes off there to your stowed batteries. There are very few large trailer manufacturers who even offer this feature yet, let alone the fish house industry so it really is on the cutting edge technology wise.

It is sure nice to pick up a frame with the lights already installed on the trailer. And who doesn't like being able to charge up the batteries on board the fish house by just plugging in your vehicle.

Everything runs directly off of your seven prong receiver hitch like a camper would. With the Emperor, there are no extra wires to plug in and out or worry about disconnecting so they don't drain your vehicle battery down.